- Microsoft Office - Word and Excel Advanced.
- Must have 2 years experience in the accounting field.
- Experience in Pastel Evolution or Similar Accounting Software.
- Completed or studying towards a relevant Degree or Diploma.
- Capturing of bank statements, petty cash and EODs recons on a weekly basis (All items to be captured by the 3rd of every month).
- Ensure the Senior Financial Accountant is given adequate time to review cashbooks before posting.
- Ensure the Senior Financial Accountant is given adequate time to review GLs before management account deadlines.
- Preparing of monthly bank, EOD and petty cash reconciliations. (By the 3rd of every month)
- Reconciling all suspense accounts (By the 7th of every month).
- Preparing of necessary monthly balance sheet reconciliations and compiling working paper files.
- Processing of necessary journals once Senior Financial Accountant has reviewed.
- Ensure all documentation relating to the entity are filed in a tidy and timeous manner. Necessary archiving to be actioned as and when necessary.
- Assist Senior Financial Accountant on ad hoc tasks which will enable him/her to fulfil their duties.
Skills and competencies:
- Good communication and Interpersonal skills.
- Impressive planning, organisational and time management skills.
- Good business acumen and high ethical work standards.
- Ability to multitask and show initiative at all times.
- Ability to work under pressure and still produce good quality results timeously.
- Excellent presentation and reporting skills.
Please note that only applicants who meet the stipulated minimum requirements will be considered.
Please be advised that should you not be contacted within 30 days, kindly consider your application to be unsuccessful.