- Prepares and maintains daily, weekly, and monthly reports of all incoming payments and refunds.
- Researches and resolves client inquiries related to payment discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Processes cash deposits, chargebacks, misapplied payments, credits, overpayments, and General Ledger postings.
- Applies payments to open obligations or to general ledger codes.
- Process adjustments and write-offs to invoices.
- Assists collections personnel in researching disputed payment applications.
- Maintains records of all payments received.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office products including; Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Must provide exceptional customer service to both internal and external parties.
- Must have effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment.
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with peers and supervisors.
- Must be able to carry out assigned projects to their completion.
- Graduation from high school or GED equivalent required, college degree preferred.
- Experience with Elite or Aderant Accounting system is preferred.
- Experience working in a law firm or a professional service firm is preferred.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements.