Senior Financial Accountant
Senior Financial Accountant - Pontypool - Up to £40,000
Your new company
Your new company is a market leading manufacturer.
Your new role
This role sits within the Financial Accounting team, you will be responsible for maintaining proper processes and controls as well as the management of a team of assistant accountants.
Improving internal procedures and standardising processes across multiple accounting systems will be a key part of the role. The role will also be the providing support to other colleagues within the team where required on a variety of tasks, continuous improvement, governance and financial control based activities.
Duties are to include;
- Supervising maintaining and operating financial systems and processes in a constantly changing environment.
- Supporting data input on various accounting systems and the monthly financial close process.
- Supporting with preparation of monthly journals.
- Monthly and yearly reporting in line with company deadlines.
- Examining and analysing financial information. Presenting findings (written and verbal) to senior management Reviewing journals and reconciliations for accuracy & ensuring the integrity of the Nominal Ledger.
- Leading and supporting the team with the ongoing reduction of reconciling item numbers and identifying methods to drive down items arising on a recurrent basis.
- Developing good understanding of the various business units including Timetables, Chart of Accounts, Service Level Agreements, Accounting Systems, processes, systems and business.
- Developing strong relationships with your finance contacts, through regular customer interaction ensuring a high level of customer service is maintained. Liaising with them and assisting them with any fixed asset or leasing queries.
- Leading the team in various compliance and continuous improvement activities.
- Identifying, implementing and driving value added activities throughout the organisation.
- Supporting internal and external audit requests and various other compliance activities.
What you'll need to succeed
Qualified accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA) ideally with some line management experience. Strong excel skills
What you'll get in return
Up to £40,000
Market leading benefits package (explained fully upon application)
Flexible working options available.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.