Internal Audit Specialist
- Supports the delivery of the Internal Audit Plan by leading audit engagements with minimal oversight.
- Contributes to the development of the Internal Audit Strategy and Plan and Audit Universe by developing and demonstrating an understanding of the risks facing the Company or business unit, analyzing controls and information gathered through audits, meetings, etc. and elevating to Audit Management.
- Maintains a solid understanding of the Internal Audit Industry and applies the Farmers Internal Audit Standards in all work performed.
- Partners with IT Audit in the performance of audit engagements.
- Prepares reports/ other written correspondence and communicates to the business at the direction of Audit Management.
- Provides special project support at the direction of Audit Management.
Essential Job Functions:
- Leads audit engagements with minimal supervision - on time and in a quality manner.
- Preparation of reports and communication with the business.
- Participates in departmental special projects.
- Administrative duties supporting departmental activities, individual development plan, training, performance management, and general administration.
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), or other comparable designation required.
- Five or more years' experience in Auditing at an external firm or financial services firm, or seven years'
- experience with Farmers Insurance and/or one year as a Farmers Insurance Auditor.
- Detailed subject matter expertise of at least one area of the business or industry.
Special Skill Requirements:
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with individuals in the business.