A newly created, superb Financial Controller position has arisen within a high growth manufacturing/retail business based near Greenford
Michael Page Finance are exclusively partnering a high growth, manufacturer/retail business based near Greenford
As Financial Controller you will be responsible for:
- Develop financial and system control solutions to manage risk and build stakeholder credibility.
- Ensuring high quality financial processes and reporting - you will need to ensure that the processes in place across the business are fit for purpose.
- Set-up and maintenance of the finance function of the ERP system across the various business units. These include the wholesale, retail, and ecommerce channels.
- Internal monthly reporting of the management accounts - you will need to ensure that the corporation & business unit reporting is reliable and accurate.
- Ownership of the monthly balance sheet reconciliation pack. The consolidation of the accounts are performed by the Finance Manager. Your support will be on validating the accounts through analytical review and managing the balance reconciliation process.
- R&D Claims - you will responsible for preparing the evidence for the R&D claim with the support of our UK tax advisors.
- Financial Transformation - you will assist with the implementation technologies such as a consolidation system, financial planning, expense claim system, and account reconciliation software and transaction matching system.
- Planning - you'll assist with the preparation of the detailed annual consolidated 5 year business plan.
- Direct tax - in conjunction with the tax advisors you will need to implement all necessary processes to meet our tax obligations across the group. The business is making significant investments and we need to be confident we are maximising the capital allowances we are entitled to.
- Indirect tax - working with each local financial advisors, you will need to ensure that we are meeting all our sales tax obligations in a timely and accurate manner.
- Motivate and manage your team.
- Qualified Accountant.
- Group accounting/consolidation and experience of multi-currency environment.
- Entrepreneurial, hands on, can-do attitude and ability to think outside the box.
- Experience of accounting in similar sectors: manufacturing, retail, or ecommerce.
- Convincing personality and ability to work both independently and as a team-player.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience of ERP system administration and controls.
- 3-5 years in a similar role.
- An advocate of quality, continual improvement, and automation.
- Organised, with the ability to prioritise tasks, manage their own projects and allocate their time according to business objectives.
- Proactive and flexible approach; willing to contribute to the ongoing development of the business.
- IT-literate with solid MS Office skills.
The Financial Controller role comes with a package commensurate with experience.
Manufacturing and Production, Retail, E-commerce, Financial Controller, Greenford.