Patents Accounts Assistant
Dentons Business Services EMEA is looking for a Patents Accounts Assistant to join the UK Finance team based in Warsaw. This role provides billing support to the Patents team in London and Munich and specifically supporting the Patent Account Manager with all aspects of setting up files and billing. This will include opening new matters and liaising closely with the billing team in Warsaw ensuring all invoices are raised as per instructions.
About the role
- Opening new matters using the New Business Intake (NBI) tool
- Ensuring all matters are opened using the correct client details and that the agreed charge out rates are added to the matter for both London and Munich entities.
- Sending clear billing instructions to the billing team in Warsaw to raise invoices for both London and Munich entities.
- Double-checking rates and amending narratives
- Ensuring all disbursements are logged under correct files and liaising with the cashiers team if required
- Checking invoices once received to ensure they are correct for forwarding to the client
- Preparing narratives to be sent with the invoices as per client requests
- Preparing a summary table for multiple invoices to be sent to clients
- Assisting with raising invoices/credit notes
- Reviewing outstanding invoices with the credit control team and assisting with collection
- Preparing statements of account to various clients on request
- Dealing with queries from Agents
- Chase missing and uncompleted time for the Patents team
- Provide general assistance to the Patents Account Manager with ad hoc project work, as and when required
- Comply with the firm's policies and any other legal obligations, and effectively manage risks to the firm where those risks relate to this role
- Good knowledge and understanding of billing, obtained through work experience in a similar environment. Experience of working in a law firm (or similar) is not essential for this role
- Possesses the confidence to deal effectively with Partners, and to discuss their files
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Able to prioritise and multi-task particularly when working under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Able to interact positively at all levels and a good team player
- Methodical approach to work with a strong focus on accuracy
- Hardworking and enthusiastic approach to work; professional in outlook, attitude and appearance
- Confident using MS Office, including Word and Excel
- Knowledge of the Elite accounts system, and of e-billing systems, would be an advantage
- Basic knowledge of Solicitors' Accounts Rules
- A good knowledge and understanding of VAT would be an advantage
- Flexible and prepared to work additional hours at month, quarter and year ends
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly structured and organised individual, with good attention to detail, accuracy and quality
- Able to interact positively at all levels within the firm and a good team player
- Able to demonstrate good client/customer facing skills
- Able to make decisions and remain calm while under pressure - particularly when dealing with difficult situations
- Proactive with a "can-do" attitude in all areas, with a strong sense of self-motivation.
- Understands the need for documentation and well-defined procedures
- Professional in outlook, attitude and appearance
If you are interested in this role, please submit your CV. If you would like to ask specific questions beforehand, please contact Anna at firstname.lastname@example.org
What we can offer
Dentons is always looking to invest in the highest-quality talent, recognizing that our success is built on the diverse and unique strengths of each of the members of our Firm. Our team of business services professionals play a significant role in the success of Dentons, and we recruit Talent into a wide variety of areas. Here, we look for focused, flexible individuals from a variety of backgrounds who are team players. Previous experience within the legal sector is not essential. We want to give everyone the opportunity to develop his or her potential fully and, therefore, provide support, training and encouragement to members of teams at all levels.
Dentons is the world's largest law firm, delivering quality and value to clients around the globe. Dentons is a leader on the Acritas Global Elite Brand Index, a BTI Client Service 30 Award winner and recognized by prominent business and legal publications for its innovations in client service, including founding Nextlaw Labs and the Nextlaw Global Referral Network. Dentons' polycentric approach and world-class talent challenge the status quo to advance client interests in the communities in which we live and work.
Disclaimer: Please ensure when applying for this role that you are legally eligible to work/live in your preferred location. Visa sponsorship or relocation costs will not be provided