Miejsce pracy: Warszawa
- Ensures proper accounting of financial transactions and accounting specific questions are well addressed and solved.
- Proactively reviews accounts to ensure all financial transactions are valid and recorded to ensure accuracy of reported data.
- Resolves general accounting and operational issues.
- Performs the period-end closing and reporting in accordance with laws and Company required standards.
- Performs the balance sheet account reconciliations and ensures timely resolution and cleans of overdue items identified.
- Calculation of actual margin as required.
- Align accounting policies and procedures with group companies (Czech Rep.).
- Correct accounting treatment for intra-group transactions.
- Calculation of actual margin as required for tour operators and reconciliation with VAT statements.
- Preparation of financial information for management, on a periodic basis as well as ad-hoc as needed.
- Preparation of financial statements in accordance with required standards.
- Contribution towards budget preparation.
Systems and processes
- Monitor and investigate integration errors between the Navision ERP system and the Central Reservation System.
- Analysis, development and implementation of the ERP system.
- Develop and maintain online VAT reporting, control statements and reconciliations within the ERP system and to ensure compliance with VAT requirements.
Leadership and team
- Leads and develops the group of accountants and other finance specialists.
- Ensures all processes, policies and procedures are clearly defined, fully documented.
- Work closely with sister organization in Czech Republic to develop synergies, travel will be required.
Taxes and regulatory compliance
- Preparation of corporate tax calculations and submissions, as well as administration of other taxes.
- Lead contact for external auditors and responsible for preparing audit file, follows up on audit issues and implements correcting measures.
- Communication with finance and tax authorities, to resolve any issues and handle any investigations.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience on Chief Accountant position.
- Ability to work in a multicultural diverse environment and under pressure;
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information in a sensitive and tactful manner.
- Convey a sense of urgency when appropriate and persists in the face of obstacles. Get results and adds value.
- Good verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills in English.
- Solid proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel and Outlook) along with Navision accounting software.
- Ability to plan, manage and follow through on assignments and communicate at all levels of the organization in a timely and professional manner.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to develop the accounting team.
What we offer
- Independent and challenging position with big influence to improve our accounting processes and systems.
- If you have a good idea we will listen and give you the chance to make it happen.
- Interesting benefit package (highly discount holidays, teambuilding, training and education, free language courses, flexible working hours, possible home office, sick days..)
For our client a large and well -known travel agency we are looking for:
The Chief accountant provides quality services, securing company assets by applying tight controls in the financial transactions, while providing accurate financial information.