IT Internal Auditor
An opportunity has arisen within our client's Internal Audit function for an Internal IT Auditor. The successful candidate will report to the Head of Audit (based in Sunderland) as part of a 10 person team which ultimately reports into the larger Corporate Audit function based in Germany comprising of 100+ highly specialised auditors, where 20+ of them are IT auditors. Thus, professional reporting will be established to the Head of IT Audit too.
Our client is one of the largest transport services organisations in Europe, employing some 46,000 people and delivering more than 2.1 billion passenger journeys across 14 European countries every year.
The main purpose of the role will be to perform IT audits of theGroup companies across England and Mainland Europe with opportunities to perform IT audits of the wider Group. After a familiarization phase, the candidate will be expected to plan and execute IT audits including delivery of an audit report suitable for discussion with senior company management acting alone or as part of a team.
The full time role is ideally based in head office in Sunderland but could be performed from any location with good national and international transport links. Scope for flexible working arrangements, including working from home, is offered subject to agreement. A degree of UK and international travel (up to 30%) will be required to fulfil the obligations of the role.
The essential criteria for the role:
- 5+ years experience of IT audit and / or as IT Expert or IT Project Lead with profound skills in one or more of the following areas: IT / Cyber Security, IT Infrastructure, Cloud (AWS, Azure), Software Development and IT Architecture.
- Fluency in English in both written and verbal form
- Ability to present complex issues appropriately to company management (verbal / written)
Desirable criteria for the role:
- CISA and / or CISM qualification or willingness to achieve
- Knowledge of relevant IT security frameworks (e.g. ISO IEC 27001, NIST, CIS, COBIT)
- Data Analytic experience
- Profound SAP skills (e.g. SAP HANA)
- Business fluency in any European language - ideally German
Candidates should be able to demonstrate the ability to work effectively with others, ensuring excellent service delivery and communicating effectively both as a member of a team and on their own initiative. Adaptability and determination are key personal attributes, and you will be encouraged to look for innovative solutions to any problems you may encounter. You should have a commitment to constant improvement and delivering a better service, therefore you should be self-motivated, pro-active and willing to take on tasks and duties commensurate with the role. This role will involve exposure to all levels of management from a range of countries and has significant track record of career progression into chosen fields.
In return, you can expect a competitive remuneration package, support of further Internal Audit qualifications and the career benefits associated with working for a major European company.