Account Manager Support
Handelsbanken is a relationship bank, built around satisfied customers, financial strength and traditional values. We believe banking should be local and personal, and that the interests of our customers should always come first. Founded in Sweden in 1871, Handelsbanken operates in many of the world's most significant economies, providing banking and financial support to customers in the UK, across Scandinavia and the Netherlands. The Bank first established a UK presence in 1982, and now has a network of over 200 branches throughout Great Britain.
- Competitive Salary
- Pension: Handelsbanken will contribute 15% of pensionable salary to you
- Group Income Protection: To protect your income in the event of long term ill health
- Life Assurance: at 4 times of annual salary
- Personal Banking: This includes loans and mortgages at preferential rates to employees
- Gym subsidy: of up to £15.79 per month
- Also including: Medical Insurance, Season Ticket Loan, Give as you Earn, VDU eye test, Cycle to work scheme, Virtual GP, Employee Assistance Program and Health Screening
Our working culture
At Handelsbanken, we believe that every person we employ is a long-term investment for the Bank, and we want our employees to stay with us for the duration of their careers. As such, we provide our employees with great opportunities for personal growth, skills development and career progression.
All employees, regardless of role and position, share two objectives: to ensure that Handelsbanken has the most satisfied customers, and to keep our costs as low as possible - both of which are achieved in every part of our decentralised model. Wherever our employees are working within the organisation, we all work to contribute to and improve our customers' experience of banking with us. For the customer, this means the benefits of bespoke, personal service and swift local decisions for all their banking needs.
Our decentralised model requires that decisions be made locally which allows for the growth of the Bank and the individual, promoting a culture of responsibility, trust and respect.
The current opportunity
We are currently looking for a capable and highly proactive Account Manager Support to join Bournemouth Branch. The Branch is well-established in the local market and are looking for a motivated and demonstrably positive person to join the team and support with the ongoing development of the Branch. The role is an exciting opportunity to develop existing experience within a local branch environment with vast opportunities for growth and longer-term career development.
The post-holder will work closely with colleagues in an agile and flexible manner, delivering support to Account Managers across a diverse range of customers in both the Corporate Banking and Individual Banking Manger teams.
The successful applicant will need to be willing to challenge themselves to consistently deliver exceptional customer outcomes, working flexibly to ensure effective management of workload and a positive focus on all of the core Handelsbanken values and behaviours. As part of this requirement, the successful applicant may be required to support the Branch by attending events, alongside colleagues including professional networking. The successful applicant will also be able to seek opportunities to create added value, going above-and-beyond in the delivery of their role.
The successful applicant will require flexibility and exceptional team working skills, demonstrated consistently.
Primarily you will be required to:
- Deliver comprehensive support across the branch, delivering proactive solutions and administrative duties, working effectively with colleagues
- Prepare facility letters and other account documentation
- Support the branch in increasing customer satisfaction levels through "first class" service and consistency across the Account Manager Support team
- Carry out account administration of new and existing customers including Identification and Verification, account opening and involvement with electronic banking, and supporting with significant direct customer contact
- Maintain regular contact with customers regarding all aspects of their banking requirements, developing solid relationships
- Liaise with internal departments and external counter-parties to ensure the highest levels of customer service
- Assist with the delivery of branch daily reports and prepare monthly returns
- Provide support to the team in carrying out general office administration and coordination duties and assistance as required, including Health & Safety issues, compliance, general administration etc.
- Take an active role in the delivery of marketing initiatives
- Network with local professional & other business contacts to increase your own profile and the Bank's profile in the local business & professional community
- Deliver ad-hoc project work commensurate with the level of the role, as directed by the Branch Manager
Subsequent to undertaking the appropriate training, you will also be required to a lesser extent to:
- Support Account Managers with the completion of all documentary requirements for lending facilities following credit approval through to drawdown, including instructing and being the ongoing liaison with lawyers and valuers
- Work alongside colleagues to support with ongoing and annual account reviews to ensure compliance with the Bank's documentation and other requirements
- Monitor and analyse customer financial management information and ensure adherence to banking covenants
- Input financial information to assist with lending reviews, and support with credit applications
- Support with business development activities to drive branch performance
You will possess an understanding of the local market within which the Branch operates.
Our local approach means that all applicants must live within a reasonable, commutable distance of the relevant branch/office location or be willing to relocate within a reasonable timeframe. Please include reference to this in your application. The successful candidate will be employed on a local basis and will report to the Branch Manager.
Competencies and qualifications
Applicants should possess substantial, recent and relevant banking/financial services experience.
The role would suit an individual seeking to diversify their customer interactions, further develop their soft skills and technical, banking acumen and who is seeking to develop a long-term career in Handelsbanken. Applicants must be focused and determined, with ambition to develop their skills and experience, progressing their career with the Bank over the long-term; this aspiration should be apparent in the application.
Full training will be provided, as well as numerous opportunities for skills and career development where a strong aptitude and work ethic are demonstrated. It is anticipated that you will possess suitable experience and the capability to learn efficiently, in order to add value to the team in a timely manner.
A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail is required for this role and the successful applicant will need to demonstrate a recent and strong track-record of delivering high quality, accurate outputs in a fast-paced, high-volume environment. This should include data input, production of documentation/correspondence and other administrative tasks.
Effective communication skills (both written and verbal), strong team working and interpersonal skills are also an essential requirement for the position, due to the level of contact with internal and external customers and colleagues. Furthermore, applicants will need to demonstrate a confident approach in dealing with stakeholders at all levels, and a keen understanding of the importance of confidentiality, tact and discretion.
Due to the volumes of work undertaken by the branch, a flexible and proactive approach and demonstrably positive attitude are necessary. Applicants will also be required to demonstrate strong analytical skills and the ability to effectively solve problems, delivering work on their own initiative as required.
A sound working knowledge of MS Office, including Word and Excel are required with working knowledge of Lotus Notes desirable; a good overall standard of IT skill and interest are required for all applicants.
A robust understanding of UK banking, lending and security documentation is highly desirable and preferable, however training and development will be available where required.
Account Manager Support Competencies:
o Customer Orientation
o Attention to Detail
In addition Criminal record (DBS) and credit checks and regulatory references will be taken as appropriate, which may involve contacting former employers.
The job holder will then be required to complete an annual application for certification reconfirming that he/she is "fit and proper" to carry out their role.
You must comply with 5 Conduct rules i.e.
- act with integrity
- act with due skill, care and diligence
- be open and co-operative with the FCA, PRA and other regulators
- pay due regard to the interests of customers and treat them fairly
- observe proper standards of market conduct
Handelsbanken Group are deeply committed to embedding good equality and diversity practice into all of our activities so that we are an inclusive, welcoming and inspiring place to work, regardless of age, disability, pregnancy and/or parental status, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender reassignment or sexual orientation.
How to apply
Please apply by sending your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please ensure that your application clearly demonstrates how your skills and experience meet the essential requirements of the role.