Senior Tax Manager
A leading Accountancy & Practice firm based near Southampton have approached the Network Professional team in leading their search for a Senior Tax Manager. The company in question offer numerous professional and high-quality services, including strategic development, payroll and tax-planning, amongst others . The company has a great reputation for overall professionalism, alongside a highly-motivated and dedicated workforce who ensure the highest standards are achieved. The acquisition of a Senior Tax Manager will enable the aforementioned company to continue their success and planned growth throughout the course of the year. This award-winning firm also offers some of the best career development opportunities in the market and have the right balance of interesting / complex clients, but also a caring and supportive environment that will allow you to deliver results with all the tools you need.
Your Role & Responsibilities
Typical responsibilities for this role will include, but not be limited to:
- Providing general tax technical support and business tax advice both directly to clients and internally in response to requests from the firm's directors and staff
- Delivering tax planning advice and support directly to clients, alongside carrying out Corporation Tax reviews for audit clients
- Assisting the Directors and Associate Directors with tax planning assignments, in addition to providing tax technical updates
- Providing internal assistance with Capital Allowances reviews
- Working with members of the tax planning team and advising on remuneration planning matters and choice of business structure
- Possessing a strong understanding and knowledge of relevant tax issues across the spectrum of taxes, with particular emphasis on business and corporate tax
- Initiating tax-based marketing initiatives as opportunities arise, including new client work
- General duties, such as dealing with HMRC Enquiries
What you need to apply
The seniority and complexity of this role requires the individual to hold a Chartered Tax Advisor (CTA) qualification, or equivalent. Alongside this, prior experience in handling Corporate and Business Tax across a multitude of scenarios is required, ideally with at least five years' experience. The ideal candidate will also be strong communicatively, work well both autonomously and within a team, as well as being punctual and meticulous in their work. Furthermore, it is imperative that the ideal candidate should be willing to undertake further research and training in accordance with potential changes in tax legislation, as well as overall competency with IT systems. Knowledge of IRIS Accountancy software is beneficial, but not essential for this position.
What you will get in return:
This position provides the ideal candidate with a great opportunity to enhance their professional career in Business & Corporate Tax within a holistic and inclusive environment. A base salary of £60k is on offer for the role in question, with additional inclusive benefits for the ideal candidate that can be tailored to suit their requirements. Alongside this, the chance to join a highly successful and proactive team, whereupon the individual can gain great exposure and prestige with dedication and great overall performance, thus adding to their professional resume.
If you are interested and would like to have a discussion to find out more information, please reach out to Joshua Whitton - Talent Acquisition Specialist:
M: 07436 814908