Group Financial Controller
The Group Financial Controller will report to a new CFO and will be responsible for group wide reporting, establishing and enforcing formal financial policies and procedures and maintaining all statutory obligations of the group including Tax and Audit compliance.
As the growth plan involves acquisitions, the Group Financial Controller will also be a key member of the business integration team. You will ensure that systems and processes are harmonised whilst maintaining tight financial control during that process.
Main Responsibilities And Duties
- Lead the divisional and subsidiary finance teams to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting and adherence to group policies
- Prepare and publish timely monthly consolidated group financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of the statutory accounts and ensure that all group companies are meeting their statutory tax and accounting obligations
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Have overall responsibility for the group month-end and year-end close process for all group companies
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Establish post-acquisition system and implementation projects
- Cash and treasury management
- Additional duties as necessary
HealthHero is part of the Marcol portfolio, a private equity firm with a 44-year track record, helping businesses grow and succeed internationally. Marcol holds a diversified investment portfolio with interest in several sectors, including health care.
HealthHero is building one of the largest digital health players in the world with a combination of buy-and-build and scale-up of an existing portfolio through organic execution. While there are multiple small players with specific offering in digital health, we have established that there is a very significant opportunity to build a scale player that provides a holistic, integrated offering in virtual primary care. The market timing is compelling, and the need is pronounced across multiple segments- some we are present in and others we are entering through further acquisitions.
We are looking to build a high calibre team to deliver this plan.
- A good bachelor's degree or master's degree in accounting, business, economics, finance, or a related field
- Qualified ACA or ACCA with an audit background from a Tier 1 or 2 accounting firm and have at least 5 years post qualification experience
- Proven working experience as a Group Financial Controller
- Proven experience in harmonising subsidiary systems and processes post acquisition
- Experience of working in fast paced, tech centric and ideally healthcare environments
- Experience of SME and Larger Corporate environments
- Experience with working with international teams and businesses
- Technically very strong with substantial IFRS reporting experience
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
- Good data manipulation skills, highly computer literate and familiar with all MS Office tools
Core abilities we'd expect from a successful candidate
- A high performer that is committed reliable
- Ability to be both hands on as well as strategic
- Ability to quickly establish credibility with senior stakeholders and influence change
- Demonstrates commercial acumen - partners with the business to deliver commercially focused people strategies and policies
- Good communication skills
- Proven organisation skills and ability to prioritise/ multi-task
- Pension scheme
- Access to HealthHero healthcare services
- Medical Cash Plan
- Discount schemes
- Extra Holiday Day for your Birthday
- Free Breakfast and Snacks in office
Some extra info that's important to us
We welcome applications from all sections of the community as an Equal Opportunities employer. We are also happy to make any reasonable adjustments at any stage of the recruitment process should you need it, please just let us know.
We take your data privacy seriously and commit to processing your data in line with GDPR guidelines. Please see our Privacy Notice detailing how we manage your applicant data. By proceeding through the applicant stage we understand that you are in agreement on how we will manage your data.
We'll need to take background checks relevant to the role, which will include a Right to Work check, employment references and a DBS check.