Up to £95,000 base plus package and bonus
Asset Finance Business
This London based SME Asset Finance business has an enviable growth strategy and excellent leadership group made up of experienced market experts. They are looking to recruit a fully qualified Financial Controller on a permanent basis.
Reporting into the CFO, this is very much a classic 2ic role suited to someone looking to join a nimble, entrepreneurial financial services group.
The role will be to oversee the financial and management reporting processes and will have the responsibility for managing and growing the finance function.
An integral part of this role will be finding someone who can instil best practice but also help lay the foundations for improving systems and processes.
- Managing the finance department (currently total of 4)
- Overseeing all functions, AR (the Loan book), AP, Treasury.
- Preparing financial reports for the group companies
- Monthly management accounts
- Financial data and analysis for monthly board meetings including variance to budget analysis
- Yearly Statutory accounts for group companies and consolidated accounts and managing and liaising with auditors
- Preparing data for corporation tax returns and liaising with external accounting firm.
- Quarterly vat returns (partial exemption)
- Monthly and inter-month reporting
- Overseeing payroll including the payment of salaries, PAYE and NI
- Monitor bank accounts on a daily basis and reconciliation of accounts
- Participating in budgeting processes preparation and managing the budget model and other financial forecasts
- Analysing financial data and provide reports
- Monitoring expenditure
- Ensuring accuracy of financial information.
- Additional duties as necessary
As the ideal candidate, you will be a fully qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA or CAANZ) with an excellent understanding of accounting processes and systems improvements and ideally have experience in Asset Finance / Leasing.