Algo Specialist (Risk Controlling)
Established in 1590, Berenberg is one of the oldest banks in the world, and with this heritage comes fantastic opportunities for bright and aspiring individuals. With its Head Office in Hamburg, Germany, and with a strong presence in the financial centres of London, Frankfurt and New York, it is one of Europe's leading privately-owned banks. 1,500 employees carry the Bank's long tradition of success into the future. Through its business divisions of Investment Bank and Corporate Banking, Wealth and Asset Management, Berenberg is able to offer a broad range of services into corporations, investment institutions and private individuals.
Berenberg has a strong reputation based on first-class performance, and although the company has a long history it remains entrepreneurial in its approach. A combination of the meritocratic culture and flat hierarchy enables talent to flourish and progress at Berenberg.
Algo Specialist (Risk Controlling), London
- Acting as the central point of contact for all risk controlling matters for the (London) Investment Banking central business unit;
- Responsible for monitoring all market risks that arise from London Equities business;
- Further Development of risk framework for FX-trading business;
- New Product Processes (NPP);
- Contact for colleagues from IT and business on all topics around ALGO trading, incl. technical specs and the internal approval process;
- Contact for local auditors for risk-related topics;
- Risk-Coordinator for London-based Investment Banking NPPs (new product processes).
- Higher level education with a focus on quantitative methods, IT, risk controlling or comparable training;
- Previous experience in the risk controlling environment of a bank or risk consulting company;
- Experience in ALGO-development or -monitoring is beneficial;
- Good knowledge of regulatory reporting or banking regulation (e.g. ICAAP) is beneficial;
- Ability to structure complex issues appropriately to the addressee and an appetite for working on diverse and constantly changing issues;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; confidence in explaining controlling issues to stakeholders of all levels of seniority;
- Willingness to travel and work in our European offices for short periods if necessary.