Chief Financial Officer
A leading privately-owned Australian business services group is seeking to appoint their first UK based CFO for a joint venture. The company have an impressive track record of success in Australia and have already expanded into the UK market via informal partnerships but are now looking to solidify their presence with a permanent set up. This pivotal leadership role is a full end to end CFO remit suited to someone comfortable being hands on and in the detail but also able to manage high level commercial and strategic aspects of such an appointment, including significant stakeholder management of various parties in a multi-million pound joint venture.
Based in London - remote working for the foreseeable - responsibilities will include:
- Build, lead, motivate and develop the UK Finance team
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, half year and annual financial accounts and analysis
- Manage the annual budgeting and re-forecasting processes including cash flow management
- Treasury accounting and hedging
- Oversight for all local tax affairs and any associated tax risk
- Manage relationships with external auditors and other service providers
- Key member of the UK leadership team, actively involved in supporting areas outside of finance from a commercial and financial perspective
- Involvement in a host of project as and when it arises, from contract negotiation to involvement in internal M&A
The preferred background/skillset of the CFO:
- A Qualified Accountant - ACA/CA, ACCA, ACMA, CPA - or equivalent
- Have at least 15 years+ experience or equivalent in Finance with a blend of accounting, reporting and commercial business partnering experiences
- Experience in a services-based industry is preferred and any prior experience of JVs would be advantageous
- Strong leadership capability and demonstrated track record of management in a complex financial environment
- Ability to work across all levels of the organisation as well as with external stakeholders
- Proven ability to work within a rapidly growing and fast paced organisation
- Experience working with business improvement or process change projects
- Any internal M&A or corporate development experience would be helpful
Longer term the business is already targeting additional UK and European contracts with the expectation that the role grows in seniority and complexity over time, with acquisitions also likely and on the radar.
Salary on offer is £140-160,000 base (depending on experience) plus bonus and benefits. Please reach out to Glen Roberts at Eames Consulting Group with any questions or if you'd prefer to discuss confidentially.