Senior Finance Analyst
Here at Gousto, we are on a mission to become the UK's favourite way to eat dinner!
Delicious recipes, precise ingredients & a dollop of adventure, delivered to your door. We have invested into our technology, data capability and our product to ensure the customer is at the heart of what we do. Every aspect of our business is powered by our passion.
Whether it is innovation through our recipe development, building algorithms to optimise our recipe box journey or devising strategies to reduce plastic and food waste. All our teams play a part in our amazing growth in the UK!
Our DREAM? To be the most-loved way to eat dinner, and for every meal to leave the planet better off. Gousto is changing how people shop, cook and eat food at home. It's an incredibly exciting time to join our team!
Our Menu tribe is at the heart of everything at Gousto. From designing our delicious recipes to building incredible platforms for our customers to access them, the team has a crucial role and Finance is a key part of this.
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly commercial and analytical candidate to join our growing Finance team and own all things ROI for the Menu tribe. Working side-by-side with both the Food Strategy & Commercial team and the Digital Product team, as the 'Senior Finance Analyst' will build highly complex business cases to assess the financial suitability of menu propositions. This is a very exciting opportunity to make a mark on Goustos future success through the provision of extremely commercial, insightful and value driving information to the core of our business.
If you are naturally curious and have a real eye for detail, commercially aware, demonstrable experience of understanding the cross-functional impacts of decision making, and you are adept at building complex financial models to support this, then this could be the role for you.
- Own the financial decision making process for all Menu proposition initiatives, from building robust business cases to delivering clear recommendations to enable speedy decision making
- Hold our Menu squads to account for delivering on financial OKRs, reporting on performance and hosting regular progress meetings
- Take the lead on Menu-driven cross-functional initiatives to understand net profitability
- Work closely with insights and Analytics to bring customer behaviours into our Menu financials, valuing our customer cohorts and assessing the retention impacts of our menu to drive improvements in CLV
- Own the monthly performance reporting of all revenue and associated cost lines, providing in-depth analysis on key monthly variances to forecast and ensuring plans to mitigate underperformance are in place
- Preparing the quarterly forecast and annual budget for non-subscription Revenue lines and associated cost lines
Who You Are
- CIMA/ACCA/ACA Qualified
- Successful, proven experience in relevant, similar finance roles
- Excellent communicator, with the ability to succinctly summarise complex financial information in an easy-to-understand manner for stakeholders of any level / function
- Curious and proactive. We seek to understand problems deeply and are proactive and fast in anticipating future needs (business and customers). Speed and clarity matter!
- Tremendously ambitious: Think big. The opportunity is what you decide to make it. We want brave individuals who question "how can we?" and inspire the rest of the business to do the same
- Strong commercial and analytical mindset, which supports you in prioritising your work, as well as prioritising what's right for our customers
- Resilience. We want a confident individual that pushes through in the toughest of times. Reflection, resistance and purpose is what will move you and the team forward
- The "go to" person when it comes to solving complex problems in the simplest way possible
At Gousto we are constantly looking to evolve our benefits for our people. Employees at Gousto are the key ingredient to our success and growth!
We are currently remote working due to COVID-19. Our Environment Team has been busy reviewing how we could fully reopen our offices, when lockdown measures begin to ease and what additional safety measures we would need to implement to keep our people safe.
Our offices are ergonomically tested for comfort, noise levels and ensuring we have different spaces to collaborate in. Not to mention daily coffee, tea, fruit and ice creams (vegan options too!). We have weekly Friday socials ranging from team updates, birthday celebrations, meet ups and more! Soft drinks, beer, wine and more snacks included! (Well we do love food)
All Gousto Employees Are Offered a Benefits Package Of
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) - You can buy up to 5 days extra holiday!
- A holiday day added each year (up to 30 days)
- 40% Gousto discount
- Your first Gousto box FREE
- 25% Gousto discount for friends and family
- Free food & recipes from the test kitchen
- Gousto stash - hoodie, notepad, mug
- Private Healthcare (after 6 months)
Whether it is creating diversity in our recipes or building new teams, we care about our people and the opportunities they have at Gousto.
We are committed to equality of opportunity across our organisation. At all levels we promote equality, ensuring our people are consistently treated in a fair and equal manner.