Finance Business Partner
Shawbrook is a specialist UK lending and savings bank founded in 2011 to serve the needs of SMEs and individuals in the UK with a range of lending and savings products.
We differentiate ourselves by concentrating on markets where our specialist knowledge and personalised approach to underwriting offer us a competitive advantage. This supports attractive stable returns and sustainable growth and benefits businesses and consumers in parts of the market which continue to be poorly served by traditional high street banks. Fundamental to our success is a relationship focus which puts the interests of our customers and business partners at the heart of everything we do, built on a culture which stresses the use of our experience and judgement to make decisions that balance risk, return and customer need.
We are currently looking to appoint a Finance Business Partner to support our busy finance function. As Finance Business Partner to the Central teams, you will partner with the Functional Heads (CTO, CRO, CFO, Legal and other Central functions) and have responsibility for the delivery of functional area financials. You will be expected to work closely with the Business heads to proactively influence the future shape and strategic direction across the broader business/functional lines within Shawbrook Bank.
- Work with business areas to identify and define opportunities for P&L efficiencies through business engagement and interrogation of MI. Also support activity that reviews end-to-end profitability and value creation
- Attend, and actively participate in business area ExCo and OpCo forums for all finance and broader commercial issues, providing thoughtful insight and direction as well as constructive debate and challenge
- Proactively influence the strategic planning process and investment choices
- Assess and influence progress towards strategic goals (both quantitative and qualitative) by acting as a strategic business counsellor and trusted advisor to the business
- Drive optimal resource usage and value creation across the business utilising all appropriate internal and external metrics and measure
- Robust challenge for all investment decisions including business cases and strategic projects and review of success once implemented
- Owns monthly Finance pack and providing insightful commentary on trends and risks to delivery of strategy and financial plan. This includes presenting results at Functional ExCo with forward forecasts to address risks and challenges to delivering of plan
- Monthly 1-2-1 with Functional Heads to discuss strategy and opportunities / challenges
- Working with Functional Heads on scenario / option analysis (and impact on P&L)
- Optimise spend analysing where opportunities can be made to reduce outgoings, optimise spend through vendor renegotiation or alignment of supplier to gain economies of scale.
- Review proposals and expenditure of Strategic Investment Spend projects
- Provision of financial information for all new proposals / other initiatives that relate to the functions
- Provision of all KPIs for Board reporting e.g. BBS, VCR Tracking
• Working with function's' team to enhance financial management information available (including dashboards, KPIs)
- Detailed ownership of the Annual Budget process (all elements of the P&L) including sign-off with the Functional head. Understanding the requirements from the Senior Management Team and ensuring this aligns to the group strategy
- Working with the Financial Control team to ensure correct postings to Balance Sheet, accruals and ensuring compliance will with all accounting standards
- ACA qualified (or equivalent) with previous business partnering experience gained within a Financial Services environment- essential
- Strong commercial awareness with an operational and strategic mindset
- Strong stakeholder management with experience in a regulated environment
- Ability to influence at all levels (including ExCo & Board)
- Experience in managing complex commercial cases
- Good sense approach in a transformational environment
- Excellent understanding of strategic planning techniques
- Knowledge and experience of IT sourcing, contracts, supplier management and outsourcing