Finance Analyst / Growing Insurance Technology Business / London / Full-Time
My client is a European insurance technology business that is expanding into the UK market with a new London office. Their technology has disrupted the insurance industry by prioritising customer experience and cutting edge-technological advancement. They are growing rapidly and are looking for an independent and results-oriented Finance Analyst who will report directly to the UK Country Manager. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in accounting and finance fundamentals, experience in financial forecasting and a desire to work in a high-growth environment.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing team in an exciting industry.
Key responsibilities include:
- Partnering with the Italian finance team, gaining in-depth knowledge of financial planning and analytics, including tracking of performance vs. budgets, creating future budgets, and participating to strategy discussions;
- Responsible for managing our UK bank accounts and treasury operations;
- Coordinate with our external provider and overtime looking to internalize the Payroll function;
- Ensure integrity of the balance sheet using data analysis techniques;
- Identify and solve key balance sheet and P&L reporting issues;
- Lead financial analyses for budgeting exercises and investor meetings;
- Keep the UK Country Manager/Italian Finance team updated on all matters of significance;
Responsibilities may vary to reflect both level of experience and the evolving strategy of the business. You will also have opportunities to work closely with our Group CFO and our more established finance team in Italy (10+ people) to get support and discuss best practices.
- 1-2 years of experience as a Finance professional with a strong academic background (Bachelor's degree/Masters in Economics/Accounting/Finance/Maths/Business, 2:1 or higher);
- Accounting qualification (e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent);
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills;
- Relish working in a small, agile, fast-growing environment;