Merchant Risk Analyst
Our mission is to disrupt the global ecommerce world through creating innovative software solutions that shape and redefine global payment solutions. Reach is the premier partner for ambitious, forward-thinking online brands that want to connect with consumers around the world. Using its unique local service provider model, Reach helps companies process global payment transactions wherever a merchant's customer is based.
We absolutely require that you have a partnership mentality, have strong communication skills, and feel comfortable with out of the box thinking. You must be motivated to seek out answers, and to take an extra step to get things done. We are looking for someone who doesn't need a lot of handholding and is a self-starter.
A risk and compliance professional who
- is passionate about enabling entrepreneurs to succeed
- knows the importance of balancing risk and opportunity
- values automation to enable efficiency
- strives to continually improve
- builds quality into every process
- understands that a team succeeds together
- knows that elegant simplicity is more important than creative complexity
- will "run to the fire" and has a fearless approach to problem solving
- enjoys a fast-paced and a dynamic work environment
At Reach, we're growing and are seeking an energetic, curious, and open-minded leader in our Risk and Credit space. The Risk team plays a critical role in the company's success. As a risk analyst at Reach, you will help underwrite new merchants while monitoring existing clients for ongoing health. As a member of the Reach Risk team, you will work to improve our internal risk-related processes and improve employee understanding of risk.
- Work directly with our top merchants, from successful venture-backed startups to well established institutions, to evaluate their business models and financial statements
- Provide tailored credit risk recommendations that mitigate Reach exposure while facilitating partner company growth
- Help manage the Reach portfolio by developing a deep understanding of risk across industries, geographies, and operating models
- Lead the efforts for the validation, consultation, and performance evaluation of current merchant risk landscape
- Monitor any red flags around our merchant's financial and compliance health during the normal course of business with partners and processors
- Lead collaboration between sales, account management, risk, credit, and onboarding on risk-related issues
- Bring in legal, commercial, and/or compliance stakeholders to address risk-related issues as needed
- Ensure Reach is at firm-footing with all merchants and risk processes
- Ensure merchant onboarding is carried out sufficiently within KYB/KYC and AML parameters
- Proactively identify potential risk process improvements
- Understand the risk appetite of the business and types of merchants that fall within acceptable categories
- Keep open and professional communication with payment processors
- Translate identified areas of risk to relevant tasks for related stakeholders
- Scope, plan, build, and share risk-related processes and procedures for new processes, merchants, and partnerships
- Help evangelize a risk-centric approach to Reach's client onboarding and relationships
- Strengthen knowledge and education management across the global business on risk-related matters
- Understand and promote the Merchant of Record model
Our head office is in downtown Calgary and we work as a distributed team with offices in San Francisco, London, and Sydney. We offer a flexible work environment with opportunities to work from home.
This position is available to residents of the UK.
At Reach we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent inclusive of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, or veteran status.
- 6+ years of relevant experience with knowledge of commercial credit underwriting, financial risk modeling, and cash flow forecasting
- The ability to transform business and financial data into a cohesive narrative that outlines potential credit risks and presents dynamic mitigation strategies
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and comfort with evaluating financial statements and business models across a range of industries
- Superb written, verbal, and analytical skills
- Attention to detail while managing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to comfortably interact with the CFOs and CEOs of our top merchants
- Deep empathy for entrepreneurs running a business, and a drive to solve problems to empower these entrepreneurs
Nice to have
- Experience working and communicating with a distributed team
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Statistics, Finance, Computer Science, Engineering or other quantitative field
- Experience with SQL
- Experience in Power BI
- Flexible work environment
- Self-Directed Career Development Plan (Annual Budget + Paid Days)