Financial Accountant (Group Reporting) - Permanent
We are now looking for a talented all rounded Financial Accountant to join the Finance team based in London, to become a central team member to help pivoting to a group accounting and reporting function.
In this role you will report to the Group Financial Controller (GFC) and you will be assisted by one management accountant.
This role will be a permanent role.
What You'll Do
- Responsible for the production of the monthly accounts for 3 legal entities and for the group consolidated accounts
- Manage and train the Assistant Management Accountant in month end tasks (including marketing cost reconciliations, accruals and prepayments).
- Implement a temporary excel based consolidation system, and produce monthly consolidated reports.
- Assist in the introduction of Intercompany and Group reporting processes.
- Assist the GFC in the preparation of the monthly reporting pack.
- Be responsible for the production of the year end accounts and the management of the audit process.
- Participate in the implementation of a new accounting system (consolidation module), and of various reporting related automation projects.
- Assist in the preparation & filing of various statutory requirements - PAYE, CT, VAT etc.
- Liaise with the relevant departments to work on monthly CAPEX costs and improve the current CAPEX policy and tracking tools in place.
- Manage the compliance reporting - annual or adhoc when onboarding (for the legal entities, on our shareholders base)
- Assist the GFC on company secretarial matters and on the CapTable management.
What We're Looking For
- Have a recognised professional qualification (ACCA / ACA) - minimum of PQA + 2 years
- Prior experience of producing single entity and consolidated accounts is required.
- Prior experience of introducing new processes, new tools and controls is required.
- Expert excel level - is comfortable with analysing and uploading large data files.
- Has built in automation and interfaces to increase productivity.
- Knowledge of Xero and Netsuite is a plus.
- Has already trained and managed an accountant.
- Analytical and investigative mind, possesses the interpersonal skills to work effectively with the commercial teams.
- Strong characteristics when dealing with deadlines and time pressured tasks.
- Self starter, resilient, with a desire to build with a team centric approach.
- Effective communicator at all levels.
- Have a desire to be a part of something new, exciting and innovative.
What We Are Offering
- Competitive salary, working full-time hours
- We support flexible and remote working
- Free tea, coffee and loads of fruit
- Workplace pension scheme
- 25 days paid holiday a year
- Westfield Cash Health Plan
- Westfield Surgery Plan after 3 years' service
- Westfield Perks
- Training opportunities to further develop your craft
- Choose your own equipment
We're on a mission to make every kid good with money. Our goal? Create generations of independent, confident young adults, armed with money skills that will set them up for life.
We place the power in the hands of young people, giving them the tools they need to master the financial ropes for themselves. They can spend, save, earn and give with gohenry's prepaid debit card and app - because learning through doing really works (and it's more fun!). All while our unique built-in controls give parents total peace of mind.
We're proud to say...
We help over one million members improve their money skills every single day.
- We're one of Tech Track's top 50 fastest growing UK companies.
- And we were nominated for 'Best Children's Financial Provider ' at the British Bank Awards 2021.
- But we're still growing, and that's why we need you.
Want to join our mission?
If gohenry sounds like a place you'd like to be, please apply using the link below.