FINANCE BUSINESS PARTNER
Your new company
Our client is an expanding, well established SME in the manufacturing sector. They form part of a group that are dedicated to industrial process and operate throughout 40 countries.
Your new role
Due to growth, they are looking to appoint a new Finance Business Partner position to lead finance for one of their business units. In this position you would be responsible for managing a small finance function and taking ownership of the financial control of the entire business unit. You would be advising and supporting the Business Unit Manager and operational staff by providing and interpreting analytical information to enable effective decision making and providing support in ensuring that the rules, principles and the internal control requirements of the Group are met. Responsibilities will include:
- General Accounting ensuring that transactions are accurately recorded in a timely and accurate manner, balance sheet reconciliations and prepare all month end tasks such as accruals, prepayments and closing of ledgers
- Financial Planning & Analysis
- Project Accounting and Monitoring
- Cash Management
- Control and Reporting
- Managing and deliver projects on an ad-hoc basis that deliver real improvements in the effective management of the BU
- Oversee any ad-hoc company administration and event organisation
- Oversee the day to day management and training of the finance function of three staff
- Provide information to the outside Payroll service.
- Prepare quarterly VAT returns and associated monthly EC Sales and Intrastat submissions
- Prepare the Corporation Tax information to Tax Advisors for review and submission
What you'll need to succeed
The ideal person will be fully CIMA/ACCA qualified with at least 5 years post qualified experience in managing the financial controls for a small business. It is essential that you have recent, demonstrable experience in business partnering and project accounting and would be advantageous if it has been in an engineering environment. Knowledge of group reporting would be also be beneficial. Personal qualities required include strong interpersonal skills, collaborative and influential nature and the ability to work well using your own initiative.
What you'll get in return
A strong presence in the office will be required, although flexible working options available alongside a rewarding benefits package.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.