Senior Internal Auditor
Senior Internal Auditor
Up to £52,000
Bristol or Peterborough
We are looking for an ambitious Senior Internal Auditor who wants to make a difference to come and join our Internal Audit team. You are likely to have a successful track record of providing impactful audits that help organisations to continually improve. You will be responsible for contributing to the development of the risk-based internal audit plan and delivering a portfolio of audits, ensuring that work completed and outputs produced are of high quality and adhere to professional standards.
Role can be based in either Bristol or Peterborough
Your Role With Us:
- Identifies and appropriately assesses the risks to Diligenta's successful delivery of its strategic objectives and develops/recommends relevant audit response.
- Delivery of audit assignments that provide effective and insightful assessment of the effectiveness of the controls in operation and, where appropriate, recommendations made for their improvement
- Audits are delivered in line with agreed timescales and budgets and in line with professional standards, with minimal managerial direction
- Acts as a specialist within the internal audit team and brings this specialism to add value to the audit work undertaken and develops the knowledge of other colleagues
- Understands Conduct Risk and TCF principles and requirements and ensure they are considered in all audit activities
- Provides direction and support for more junior team members as necessary and deputises for audit leadership team as required
- Effective formal/informal communication networks are in place and effective working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders are established and continuously developed
- The internal audit methodology and professional working practices are enhanced through positive contribution of ideas and experience
- Recognised as an effective ambassador for the function, promoting a positive image of Internal Audit within Diligenta and with clients
- Projects and other ad hoc activity undertaken as required by Head of Internal Audit
What We're Looking For:
- Certified Internal Auditor (or equivalent), or qualified accountant (ACA /ACCA) or other relevant equivalent professional qualification
- Sound working knowledge of IIA Professional Practices Framework (International Standards, Code of Ethics
- Knowledge of UK best practice in relation to corporate governance, risk management and internal control
- Understanding of FCA regulation environment, including awareness of FCA requirements and regulation relating to UK Life and Pension business
- Sound knowledge of IT support services
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Knowledge of change activities / large scale transformational type projects
- Discretionary annual bonus (up to 10%)
- Company pension scheme membership
- 25 days holidays + 8 bank holidays
- Holiday allowance rising with promotion
- Gain professional accreditation on completion at no extra cost through our bespoke 24/7 professionally accredited online learning and development tools
- 24/7 access to a wide range of books
- Receive a wide range of retail discount shopping schemes
- Access to our Confidential Helpline is available to be used by you and your family
- Get to volunteer in our own employee communities throughout the working day
- Develop your career through a wider global organisation of the TCS family
Don't miss this competitive opportunity, apply today!
Diligenta is a leading provider of business process services for the Life & Pensions (L&P) industry, and is a UK-based FCA regulated subsidiary of Tata Consultancy Services (TCS). Providing an excellent customer service is at the heart of everything we do. This is how we have been able to administer over 18 million policies on behalf of our global clients. We deliver a wide range of services including Customer Services, IT and Change Management.
We have worked with 7 of the top 10 UK L&P companies - and this number is continually growing. By joining us, you will be able to work under some of our globally recognised clients such as The Phoenix Group, M&G Prudential, Scottish Widows, Aviva (formerly Friends Life) and Sun Life Financial of Canada UK.
Diversity and Inclusion
At Diligenta, Diversity and Inclusion are more than just words. They're the hard-and-fast principles guiding how we build our teams, cultivate leaders and create a company that's the right fit for every person inside of it. We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view and believe that diversity drives innovation.
We also take a holistic approach and are always growing our network of people, programs and tools all designed to help employees grow and manage their careers. We foster both a top-down and grassroots approach and are part of the wider TATA & Sons global organisation that has a worldwide multicultural following. We believe that building a more inclusive working environment that accurately represents the world we live in is quite simply in everyone's interests.