London - Accounts Assistant
ARRACO Global Markets Ltd is an award-winning Energy Brokerage providing price discovery, liquidity & deal making services in Global Energy markets. We specialise in matching buyers and sellers in global physical & OTC cleared commodity markets. Our Clients are based in a variety of geographies Europe, Asia, Middle East & Americas, brought together to trade via our trading floor in Wandsworth, London.
As Europe's fastest growing energy brokerage, the team has more than tripled year on year to scale to the growing demands of ARRACO's client base and we now seek an Accounts Assistant to join our growing finance department.
The role of the Account Assistant is responsible for the accurate execution of data input into the accounting system. This needs to be done on a real-time basis.
The Accounts Assistant is considered the starting point of the financial operation process, in particular the Accounts Payable (AP) and Accounts Receivable (AR) function. For example, the Accounts Assistant is required to allocate invoices to the correct nominal and departmental code, within the general ledger system.
The Accounts Assistant's direct reporting line is to the reviewer. As well as the responsibilities outlined in this document, the Accounts Assistant is expected to undertake any other duties as required by the reviewer commensurate with the post.
Overview Of Core Responsibilities
- To record all purchase ledger invoices received from suppliers; receipts and payments from payables and receivables on the bank statement, for processing in the general ledger system.
- Daily input of purchase ledger invoices received.
- Queries to and from vendors.
- Processing of employee business expense claims within ARRACO travel and expense system in-line with ARRACO policies.
- Input of receipts and payments from the bank statement into the general ledger system.
- To reconcile the banks accounts on a daily basis.
- Input Sales invoices into the general ledger system.
- Maintain an "Entertainment Report" for all staff and client entertainment performed by employees throughout the year for PAYE Settlement Agreement (PSA) calculations.
- Term Deposits entries into the general ledger system.
- Microsoft Dynamics / Microsoft Business Central
- Organising and prioritising
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Communication skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Team work
- Ability to meet deadlines
Note Although no formal accounting qualification is required, a foundation accounting qualification, such as AAT is desirable.
We value international diversity and currently cover more than eight spoken languages across the desks - which makes for a fun, heterogeneous team orientated culture. Our trading floor is a noisy, energetic, fast paced environment which operates at the forefront of deal making in energy. We offer
- Competitive salary
- Pension matching as part of auto-enrolment
- 29 days holiday plus 4 bank holidays
- Ongoing training and development; we want you to be the best you can be
***Please note first stage of the process is a one way video interview, make sure to check your junk inbox for the invite***