iMultiply are delighted to be engaged exclusively on an exciting opportunity for a Financial Controller role based on the outskirts of Edinburgh. The role is easily accessible from Edinburgh city centre via public transport and also has parking facilities on site.
The business has built a brilliant reputation in their market with a strong focus on customer service by consistently delivering excellent results. The company is a very ambitious award-winning firm that is experiencing year on year growth. They have tripled headcount and turnover in the past 3 years and with offices in Glasgow as well as Edinburgh they are now placed to increase their workload throughout central Scotland.
The Financial Controller will report directly to the Managing Director and support that role in delivering financial management stability to a developing organisation by strengthening both financial and risk management arrangements. This will include financial planning and analysis.
You will be a key member of the Senior Management Team responsible for the day to day accounting and financial management of the business and its subsidiaries. The Finance Manager is also responsible for providing sound financial advice to the MD and Senior Management Team, acting as the main interface between Management and Owners on all financial matters, reporting on the financial performance to Management.
The role of Financial Controller is a hands-on role running the finance function and overseeing the workload of a small business administration team. It is offering a competitive market salary of between £40,000 - £45,000 with a competitive benefits package also.
- Overseeing the day-to-day activities of the company's finance function and ensure this is efficient, well organised and produces timely, accurate financial and management accounts
- Financial planning, budgeting, variance analysis, financial risk management, performance reports, business analysis reporting and the development of corporate and site specific-budgets
- Preparing monthly management accounts and report to the senior management team
- Producing and presenting financial reports to the Board and major stakeholders on all relevant financial matters, deal with VAT and work closely with auditors on financial statement
- Preparation of budgets, forecasts and cash flows
- Ensure that rigorous financial control is applied throughout all operations, ensuring that appropriate policies, financial controls and procedures are in place to control expenditure and income
- Monitor the performance of the investment portfolio managed and ensure that the company has adequate finance to meet its on-going commitments
- Ensure all relevant transactions are entered accurately to ensure reporting deadlines are met
- Monitor invoice payments and debt recovery
- Document and improve financial processes where appropriate to ensure effective use of resources and best practice
- Develop financial reporting tools
- Link with payroll service providers
- Prepare and present reports to main stakeholders
- Preparation of monthly consolidated P&L and balance sheet
- Financial modelling and analysis
- Cash management and treasury duties
- Maintenance of financial ledgers and accounting processes
- Administer all aspects of management reporting within the organisation including making certain, accurate, timely and appropriate information, including management accounts are delivered
- Administer the annual budget process including the preparation of the budget pack for approval by the Board of Directors
- Provide regular forecasts of income, expenditure and cashflow to Management and Directors. Including the identification and analysis of variances from plans
- Provide advice on financial and tax issues
- Assist in the development of strategic and business planning
- Timely production of statutory and internal financial and business analysis reports
To be considered for this role you must have the following experience:
- Qualified Accountant
- Experience of VAT and management accounting
- A hands-on approach and excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Good people management skills (team of 2)
Please do not hesitate to contact Andrew Robinson for a private & confidential discussion. A full job specification is available upon request for suitable applicants.