Chief Financial Officer
We are growing and looking to add several new team members due to our rapid growth. We're currently seeking an experienced Chief Financial Officer to join our team in Plano, TX. This role reports to the CEO and will serve as a financial business partner to the CEO and is responsible for ensuring the Company's operating activities are efficiently funded and measured to maximize returns. The CFO is responsible for driving the planning, implementation and managing of all Company finance activities, directs the preparation of current financial reports and summaries, and creates forecasts predicting future growth.
As the Chief Financial Officer, your duties will consist of the following:
Reporting and Compliance
- Preparing and reviewing financial reports for CEO and/or the Board of Directors in a timely and accurate manner.
- Reviewing and ensuring the application of appropriate internal controls, applicable compliance standards, and financial procedures.
- Understanding and implementing financial changes, as necessary, related to new or changing GAAP regulations
- Ensuring accurate stock and/or options records
Planning, Reporting and Analysis
- Supervising all corporate and unit accounting functions, including general ledgers, accounts payable, corporate payroll, etc.
- Creating and maintaining effective and efficient accounting and financial reporting processes and systems, including internal controls.
- Preparing and presenting monthly financial budgeting reports including monthly profit and loss, forecast vs. budget, and cash flow.
- Creating and establishing yearly financial objectives that align with the company's plan for growth and expansion.
- Proposing action plans to ensure that financial objectives are attained.
- Managing tax reporting and tax compliance for the company.
- Working with product teams to help determine pricing and strategy.
Capital & Financing
- Partnering with the CEO on capital raises and other financial transactions.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with financial institutions and banking partners.
- Evaluating alternative capital structures and recommend strategies.
Strategic Business Ventures
- Evaluating potential business opportunities as identified by the CEO and in collaboration with other members of the executive team.
- Coordinating applicable due diligence and keep CEO abreast of due diligence activities.
Systems & Procedures
- Ensuring that all Company platforms are aligned to optimally deliver financial and operational metrics to appropriate users.
- Overseeing ongoing implementation of new accounting software for financial reporting and orchestrate enterprise-wide integration.
- Coordinating across multiple departments to review internal processes and recommend strategic changes to improve reporting and efficiency.
- Leading and managing corporate level accounting/finance staff and adhere to a culture that promotes attraction, retention and development of excellent performers.
- Providing insight and recommendations to both short-term and long-term personnel growth plan of the FP&A organization.
- Overseeing and ensuring accuracy of payroll and payroll reporting.
As the Chief Financial Officer, your background and expertise should include:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field; MBA preferred
- 10+ of senior level management and leadership in F&A
- 3+ years of experience as a CFO is required
- Outstanding knowledge and understanding of GAAP, IFRS, SOX compliance, and SEC reporting.
- Collaborative business partner approach; must foster positive work culture in all activities. Great at building and maintaining relationships, fostering an environment of mutual respect, understanding, and trust.
- Exceptional communication skills. Able to understand and synthesize complicated scenarios and output easy to understand, effective strategies.
- Excellent analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, confidence and executive presence.
- Significant experience working with auditors, internal controls and compliance-related issues.
- Nimble and fast with an entrepreneurial, start-up spirit - able to balance multiple project priorities and move quickly in a rapidly changing environment with tight deadlines.
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and CRM/Finance applications (NetSuite a plus).
If you fit these requirements and are ready to join a growing, mission-driven company, then apply today and let's talk!
Equal Opportunity Employer, including veteran and disability.