Senior Manager, Internal Audit
At DoorDash, Internal Audit aims to provide independent assurance that DoorDash's risk management, governance and internal control processes are operating effectively. We are a small team that is looking to expand and bring on motivated and skilled risk focused professionals on the team. We don't think of ourselves as a typical audit function - we are obsessively focused on risks to the organizations which reflects in the type of projects we support and execute.
DoorDash is rapidly growing - we are expanding in multiple geos and launching new products. This exciting growth constantly presents us with new challenges, but also gives us the opportunities to get creative in problem solving! We collaborate very closely with various business functions in managing risks to DoorDash. Our focus includes but not limited to financial, operational, regulatory, security and IT.
About The Role
The Audit Senior Manager will be responsible for executing the SOX and Internal Audit program(s). You will lead the day-to-day execution of all phases of SOX compliance (planning, documenting, testing, remediation, and evaluation) with the support of our third-party co-source providers. You are not afraid to get into the details to ensure our narratives, flowcharts, risk and control matrices, testing workpapers, and audit reports are performed to the highest standards. You will be responsible for leading walkthroughs and applying collaborative critical thinking to identify risks and solve problems.
The role will continue to mature beyond the day-to-day execution of SOX compliance - your role will involve a mix of strategic, blue sky thinking and the ability to simplify and operationalize audit initiatives. You will assist in the design of risk assessments, data and analytics driven audits, and help determine how to leverage new technology to improve and automate audit procedures and business processes, You can apply your experience and industry know-how to both develop a strong internal control structure and lead with doing the right things for our stakeholders.
You're Excited About This Opportunity Because You Will...
- Bring to life DoorDash's core values of being a leader, doer, learner and a one team mindset.
- You will assist in the project management of the SOX compliance program - help understand how to allocate third-party and internal resources, manage, monitor and report on agreed-upon deadlines
- You will lead end-to-end process walkthroughs and oversee the creation of SOX documentation (narratives, flowcharts, risk and control matrices). You will be a team-player and are not hesitant to roll up your sleeves and help create documentation when necessary.
- You will review testing procedures, testing workpapers, audit reports, and other deliverables based on the specific project requirements
- You will provide reports on the effectiveness of internal control structure along with recommendations that improve the effectiveness, efficiency, and economic values of a control or process; You will assist audit management with management reporting by providing data relevant audit findings.
- You will assess audit findings, gaps including control weaknesses with an appropriate degree of professional skepticism, seeking to fully understand risks to the firm.
- You will assist control owners, and business partners with the development of the Management Action Plan to mitigate weaknesses, providing thought leadership on the appropriateness of the plan; You will provide control consulting services to management in redesign efforts that improve the control environment.
- You will maintain business relationships with appropriate levels of management to ensure that Audit is aware of changes in business activities and objectives, and a necessary Audit response is developed.
- You will promote new ideas and new ways of executing projects and internal process and compliance enhancements.
- You will coordinate with external auditors and control owners to help ensure smooth and effective completion of SOX program needs.
- A minimum of 7+ years of experience in external audit, internal audit, risk management, controls and/or corporate compliance related experience
- A minimum of 5+ years of executing and managing SOX audit
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in an appropriate discipline and CPA, CA, and/or CIA preferred
- Demonstrates knowledge of IIA Professional Practices and Standards, US GAAP, COSO, PCAOB Auditing Standards, risk and controls best practices
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills and problem solving skills to use relevant data to identify and resolve issues
- You're action-oriented, stay focused on the goal you want to achieve and also demonstrate agility
- You're collaborative and will quickly develop productive and collegial relationships with our important internal stakeholders
- You challenge the status quo to identify effective, efficient, and more automated ways of executing on business processes and audit procedures
- Big 4 or public company experience preferred
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It's something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners - We're not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it's scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at .
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.