Controller (Contract to Hire)
* Prepare and present monthly financial budgeting reports including monthly profit and loss by division, forecast vs. budget by division and weekly cash flow.
* Review and analyze monthly financial results and provide recommendations.
* Identify, develop and execute analysis of business initiatives, product launches, etc.
* Develop and maintain monthly operating budget and annual company operating budget.
* Supervise the accounting department to ensure the proper functioning of all systems, databases and financial software.
* Oversee the preparation and communication of weekly, monthly and annual financial statements.
* Review all month-end closing activities including general ledger accounts, balance sheet accounts and overhead cost allocation.
* Serve as a key point of contact for external auditors; Manage preparation and support of all external audits.
* Manage cash flow planning process and ensure funds availability.
* Maintain outstanding banking relationships and strategic alliances with vendors and business partners.
* Utilize forward-looking models and activity-based analyses to provide financial insight into the organization's plans and operating budgets.
* Represent company to banks, financial partners, institutions, investors, public auditors and officials.
* Mentor and develop a team of 3 Accountants.
* Guide larger, cross-divisional teams outside of direct span of control within the three main company divisions.
* Oversee weekly cash management and AP Department, approve large payables, sign checks, authorize large wires and ACHs
* Bachelor's Degree in accounting or Finance
* Experience as a Controller in a small-mid sized ($30million+) organization. Preferably Manufacturing.
* Outstanding knowledge and understanding of GAAP
* "Hands On" ERP Systems Experience - NetSuite experience preferred
* Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
* Demonstrated leadership ability, confidence and executive presence - ability to motivate staff.
* Excellent analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills
* Willingness to get into the weeds
* Experience managing tight cash flows in a rapidly growing environment