Assistant Manager, Corporate Finance
Job Number: 33644
BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
BAT GBS FINANCE - MALAYSIA, CORPORATE FINANCE ASSISTANT MANAGER
SENIORITY LEVEL: Senior
SALARY RANGE: basic + excellent benefits + market leading bonus
LOCATION: Selangor, Malaysia
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
An exciting opportunity is available working in the Corporate Finance team for our EAA (KH/PH) entities, based at our GBS Centre in Malaysia. This role's day-to-day focus is on working with the market to deliver robust and agile financial forecasting, reporting, and meaningful analysis, often for senior Finance stakeholders and key business meetings.
Looking after P&L, BS & CF, this role is key in ensuring our current year, rolling forecast, and sensitivity analysis is robust, pressure tested, and able to be presented to senior managers in the business to facilitate resource allocation and strategic decision making to shape the future of the APA business.
Reports to : EAA P&R Manager
Geographic Scope: Selangor, Malaysia
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- End market Finance business partners: Corporate and Commercial Finance team members at the end market, to drive a robust management forecasting and reporting process, provisioning of financial insights, ad-hoc analysis, and facilitating an environment where simplification and continuous improvement are prioritised.
- Local GBS teams: This role works closely with other local GBS Finance teams (including Planning & Reporting and Accounting Services) and will have opportunities to work in cross-functional teams to focus on specific process improvement and/or analysis and insight projects.
- Above-market stakeholders: This role will involve interaction with Regional Corporate Finance, including managing reporting timelines and responding to ad-hoc queries.
- Driving a robust forecasting process, including being able to dynamically remodel scenarios as assumptions change. This involves engagement with stakeholders across a number of functions, locations, and time zones.
- Investigating and responding to ad-hoc queries relating to financial performance, across P&L, BS, CF.
- Drive a continuous improvement culture, to release time and add value resulting in improvements to financial results. This may involve use of data analytics, automation and robotics tools.
- Support in operating internal controls to ensure accurate financial reporting. This includes ensuring compliance to relevant SOX control requirements in the Planning and Reporting environment .
CAN THIS BE YOUR FUTURE ROLE?
- Have you had experience on Investigating and responding to ad-hoc queries relating to financial performance, across P&L, BS, CF?
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- BCT, internal/external auditors, and local risk & governance committees.
- End market Finance business partners: both located in the GBS CFOM team and at the end markets, collating, understanding, and challenging the required inputs, and following up on remediation plans.
- SAP (ECC6 and BPC) used extensively in the delivery of this role's responsibilities, experience in Hyperion HFM is desirable, but not essential.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel is required, and at least intermediate proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint is required.
- Experience in visualization and automation tools (e.g. PowerBI, UI Path, Alteryx) would be a plus, but not essential.
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women's Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner - one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!