Corporate Finance Manager - Expression of Interest
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
BAT GBS FINANCE IS LOOKING FOR A CORPORATE FINANCE MANAGER
SENIORITY LEVEL: Mid Experience Level
FUNCTION: GBS Finance APME
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
This role is part of Corporate Finance Team.
The Corporate Finance Manager owns and manages the controllership activities (accounting, treasury and delivery of the financial statements - forecast and statutory) as well as managing risks and controls to meet key End Market priorities. The role interacts with Corporate Finance Controller to ensure BASS strategic objectives of standardization, scalability and consolidation are met.
Reports to: Corporate Finance Controller
Reporting Level: Manages Others: Assistant Manager, Subject Matter Experts & Senior Analyst
Geographic Scope: Asia Pacific Region
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Ensure a timely analysis, identification, communication and resolution of balance sheet account reconciliation issues to avoid frauds and potential monetary losses due to an inappropriate accounting practice
- Coordinate the monthly accounting closing process with other BASS sub-functions as well as the end market SPOC to ensure a proper disclosure of financial information to relevant stakeholders
- Support the preparation and delivery OTIF of the control navigator exercise to avoid any business disruption because of a control breakdown as well as any monetary loss
- Coordinate and support the preparation and delivery of the risk register assessment to anticipate and prevent a business interruption due to a unplanned realization of a mapped risk
- Responsible to generate and delivery the cash flow forecast (BATCASH) and manage the relationship with BASSE teams (GTO, IGT, BASSE GL) to ensure an adequate cash availability and avoid any business disruption
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- At least 7 years of experience in a global FMCG or similar dynamic operating environment
- A thorough understanding and knowledge of relevant finance tools and systems, specifically BI/BPC, SAP or ERP equivalent
- Understand the impact of the accounting process and practice;
- Understand the platforms and analyse reports, identify issues and challenges within reports functionalities and data;
- Able to drive projects and process improvements and handle a remote customer base model
- Detail-oriented, analytical, proactive, and can work under pressure with minimum supervision
- Knowledgeable in identifying risks and in implementing controls
- Degree educated with professional accountancy qualification (i.e. CA/ACCA/CIMA/CPA)
Disclaimer :We might not have an open role at this moment, but, because our work environment is very dynamic, we are encouraging you to apply for this position and, the moment we have a suitable position for your profile the Recruitment Team will contact you as soon as possible.
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women's Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner - one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!