Senior Financial Analyst
Are you looking for a company that cares about people's lives and health, including yours? At Olympus, we help make people's lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling, every day.
Let's inspire healthier lives, together.
The purpose of this position is to provide a strong support role in the strategy development and planning process for new and existing products with an emphasis on product profitability. This including the coordination of the global revenue plan consolidation and related gross margin analysis. Collaborate with Marketing to assess market and procedure group opportunities. He/ she maintains the long-term planning business model for revenue and cost of goods. The incumbent assess strategic impact on operations analyzing P&L impact. The Senior Financial Analyst manages key reporting and analysis requirements.
* Supervise gross margin analysis of forecasts to identify and predict long-term changes in sales volumes product mix and product profitability.
* Identify shortfalls to Corporate Strategic Plans and support Marketing and Sales Business Centers (SBCs) in implementing mitigation plans and identifying new product opportunities to grow business.
* Support Executive Director of Strategy and Portfolio Planning with market and procedure group strategy development partnering with Marketing Business Intelligence SBCs and cross-functional OSTA team.
* Partner with managers by providing analysis tools that will allow functional areas to evaluate and choose between strategic and tactical options define measurements of success and the related target key performance metrics (KPIs).
* Provide reporting and analysis of results against KPIs.
* Communicate changes in projected sales quantities to Operations management.
* Highlight fluctuations against individual plant targets. Collaborate with executive team on manufacturing strategy through scenario planning and analysis.
* Measure results against Corporate Strategic Plan.
* Manage the gathering of the OSTA annual and long-term revenue plan including transfer pricing and standard cost data for upload into financial systems and other analytical tools.
* Conduct the quarterly forecast and annual budgeting process for revenue and gross margin providing consolidated results and assisting in preparation of presentations for Senior Management review.
* Coordinate communication of new product launch dates and related changes to Senior Financial Analysts supporting product development teams.
* Partner with Marketing Operations and Purchasing on product discontinuation strategy.
* Provide strong support to Hyperion Margin Cube design and implementation design reports for various management reviews.
* Serve as financial lead on project teams perform financial modelling to facilitate investment decisions validate financial data and work with teams to control and forecast project spend.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Bachelors degree required, preferably in Accounting or Finance MBA or CPA.
* Minimum 5 years of financial experience preferably in a corporate setting .
* Prior management experience a plus
* Requires excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
* Possesses strong analytical skills and understands the consolidation of financial data for a business with multiple business units.
* Well developed problem-solving capabilities. Exhibits the change agent mindset and leadership characteristics to support business transformation.
* Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office tools.
* Profriciency in financial reporting tools such as Hyperion Oracle MicroStrategy and database tools.
We realize work isn't just a job to you.
It's a big part of your life, but not the only part. That's why we offer competitive salaries, a robust 401(k) program, annual bonus program and comprehensive medical benefits, as well as tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules, parental and adoption leave, on-site services and Colleague Affinity Networks - so you can be ready for where life can take you.
Olympus is passionate about the solutions it creates for the medical, life sciences, and industrial equipment industries, as well as cameras and audio products. For more than 100 years, Olympus has focused on making people's lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling by helping detect, prevent, and treat disease, furthering scientific research, ensuring public safety, and capturing images of the world.
Olympus' Medical business uses innovative capabilities in medical technology, therapeutic intervention, and precision manufacturing to help healthcare professionals deliver diagnostic, therapeutic, and minimally invasive procedures to improve clinical outcomes, reduce overall costs, and enhance the quality of life for patients. Olympus' Medical portfolio includes endoscopes, laparoscopes, and video imaging systems, as well as surgical energy devices, system integration solutions, medical services, and a wide range of endotherapy instruments for endoscopic and therapeutic applications. For more information, visit .
Olympus...True To You. True To Society. True To LIFE.
It is the policy of Olympus to extend equal employment and advancement opportunity to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship status, religious creed (including dress and grooming practices), age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth and/or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability (physical or mental) and/or a medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, veteran status or service in the uniformed services, and any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Posting Notes: || United States (US) || Massachusetts (US-MA) || Southborough ||