This is a key financial position supporting both the CFO and VP Finance to drive accounting and financial compliance activities including management of statutory accounting, financial accounting, and month-end close.
The position will start as virtual, but will ultimately be located in Charlotte, NC.
Manage the entire accounting, compliance, and reporting functions including but not limited to:
- Administer one, or a combination of several general accounting systems for various entities, divisions, and/or departments of the company
- Timely and accurate co-ordination and production of financial reporting requirements, including consolidated month-end close
- Full general ledger responsibility including routine account reconciliation and review
- Oversee the full accounts payable and accounts receivable cycles
- Oversee small team of accounting personnel and manage outsourced bookkeeping, corporate and business tax, and payroll processes
- Manage and perform all treasury functions including management of foreign currency requirements across Crosslake and daily cash flow control, including developing and implementing forex hedging strategies
- Support CFO in establishing and maintaining Crosslake's accounting principles, practices, procedures, and initiatives
- Support VP Finance in budgeting and forecasting processes
- Support CFO in implementing effective internal controls to mitigate risk of errors, prevent unauthorized transactions and secure company assets.
- Support CFO in conceptualizing and implementing new systems to improve ineffective / inefficient business processes, increase business intelligence and/or improve internal controls
- Payroll processing and Benefits administration - in coordination with Crosslake's CPEO
- Compliance and regulatory oversight - including routine governance filings with the states in which we have employees, the addition and removal of states as appropriate, and full responsibility to reply to audit and other inquiries
- Be flexible and able to address the many ad-hoc and "new" initiatives and be able to both respond, and complete work-related to such tasks.
- Minimum of 5 years of Accounting Manager or Controller experience
- Proven experience in a Professional Services industry
- SaaS product line experience a plus
- 4-year college degree in accounting required
- CPA strongly preferred, or on track to attaining CPA credential
- Experience in domestic and international consolidated accounting and reporting
- Working knowledge of internally developed software capitalization standards
- Sound knowledge in all areas of financial accounting and control, with strong US GAAP technical competency - to be viewed as "resident expert"
- Oracle NetSuite, including OpenAir or other PSA, experience a plus
- Adept at communicating to Senior Management, including operations
- Able to work independently with moderate supervision
- Ability to prioritize multiple demands in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
The ideal candidate will be both enthusiastic about the professional services and technology space and tenacious in delivering high-quality financials. As an individual contributor, you will "own the books" and having pride in keeping the books, reporting against those results, and providing actionable business insights from those results must be a core part of who you are.