Senior Director, Financial Lead
The Sr. Director, Finance Lead is responsible for all financial aspects of Surgical Management Solutions. This leader will be involved in the highest level of decision making for the business. This role demands a dynamic, influential leader with a successful track record of forward-thinking strategy, team development, synergistic collaboration, and an entrepreneurial mindset. This is a highly visible position is responsible for leading all activities associated with financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting, and strategically positioning SMS financial value proposition to prospective clients and within our broader organization. We are seeking a leader looking to become part of a fast growing start up that can transform healthcare delivery for consumers.
If you are located in Birmingham, AL, Deerfield, IL, Minneapolis, MN or Dallas, TX, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer of SCA,with a dotted line to the CEO of Surgical Management Solutions the Finance Lead will have full financial responsibility for building out the Surgical Management Solutions financial infrastructure. The successful candidate will be responsible for financial modeling, business analysis, long-range financial planning, and developing presentations to articulate the story of the division's performance and strategic growth path. The successful candidate is responsible for all financial aspects of Surgical Management Solutions including the following:
- Acting as a strategic business partner with the executive to strengthen and broaden SMS revenue model
- Speaking with authority on behalf of the CEO and CGO of SMS when called upon to deliver accurate company financial information
- Lead Division's long-range planning and capital budgeting process in concert with Division/Corporate FP&A
- Partner with head of analytics to create scalable financial and data processes for ongoing client management
- Responsible for overseeing the monthly close process, preparing and interpreting the Division's financial results and publishing a timely, accurate financial reporting package that crisply articulates the Division's financial performance, variance analysis
- Lead the preparation of the Division's annual operating budget and monthly forecast
- Creating, implementing and pulling through opportunities which drive financial growth and operational performance
- Build crisp, professional presentations for senior audiences
- Partner closely with corporate accounting and FP&A teams to ensure consistency of process, format and timing across business units and coordination with corporate functions.
- Assess and evaluate financial performance SMS regarding long- and short-term financial goals, budgets and forecasts
- Play key role in pivotal decisions as they relate to the company's strategic initiatives and operational models
- Prepare and present monthly financial budgets, monthly profit and loss statement, and internal operating review materials
- Review and analyze monthly financial results and provide insight and recommendations on trajectory of business
- Identify and develop analysis of key SMS financial business initiatives
- Ensure application of appropriate internal controls, SOX compliance and financial procedures
- Oversee the month-end close process and review month-end close actives including general ledger accounts, balance sheet account and overhead cost allocations
- Serving as a member of the executive team for SMS, both internally, as well as with external constituencies, IE: national account executives, consultants
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics
- 8+ years accounting, finance operations, or financial planning & analysis preferably in Corporate Development, Financial Planning & Analysis, Investment Banking, Private Equity, Health Tech start up, or a top-tier Management Consulting Firm
- Ability to digest financial information, render judgment, create context, pattern recognition
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage conflicting priorities
- Stand out and drive the organization forward, own the room, project an authentic and confident style
- Exceptional skills in identifying, recruiting, developing, retaining and motivating strong teams
- Proven track record of leading teams with servant leadership
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Master-level studies in business and/or CPA, CFA
- Solid understanding of financial statistics and accounting principles
- Prior healthcare industry experience, preferably within a payor environment or health tech start up
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Director, Financial Lead, Birmingham, AL, Deerfield, IL, Minneapolis, MN, Dallas, TX, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote