Accountant - Newly qualified
ACA qualified - first time mover from practice
New role available in Leeds for a leading international company with Head Quarters in Leeds. Reporting into a Senior Accountant, this role takes responsibility for the preparation of VAT and other indirect tax reporting. It also assists with preparation of financial statements and completion of external audits.
- Interacting with different stakeholders both inside and outside of the organisation, including with the auditors, business unit management and the wider finance team.
- Responsible for submission of VAT
- Preparing and filing financial statements for the UK and EU arm of the business
- Work alongside the wider finance team (including month end close review activities and balance sheet reconciliation reviews)
- Audit experience preferred
- A qualified accountant, ideally trained in practice and looking for their first move into industry (likely to be ACA or ACCA qualified)
- The desire to work for a large, international business with a fast paced culture
- Good analytical skills and high attention to detail
- Strong technical skills
- Excellent IT skills, advanced with Excel