Risk & Control Leader
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
What will you be doing?
- Taking responsibility for the implementation and management of the internal control framework that promotes a self-assessment culture and ownership
- Taking responsibility for proving the effectiveness and robustness of the control environment and control culture
- Supporting the identification of new and emerging risks and designing a suitable yet commercial control environment to provide protection
- Supporting the identification and resolution of control issues and themes including managing the resolution of audit and other control issues
- Supporting the annual assurance testing plan that includes end to end process reviews, targeted reviews, thematic reviews and control testing
- Supporting the development of the annual RCSA assessment for the transaction cycle
- Acting as an escalation point and point of contact for the Business aligned control teams and taking responsibility for leadership of a team
- Supporting the annual risk assessment process for the operation
What we're looking for:
- Excellent knowledge of Operational Risk & Controls and/ or audit in a highly regulated business environment
- Practical knowledge of internal controls, including the development and maintenance of appropriate framework
- Experience of banking and financial services preferably in a Financial Crime role
- A proven track record of managerial experience
Skills that will help you in the role:
- A good understanding of Financial Crime regulations and policies (AML, Sanctions, and Anti-Bribery and Corruption)
- A seasoned influencer with excellent negotiation skills in complex situations
- Stakeholder management experience and the ability to influence others positively
- A motivated, high-performing individual
Where will you be working?
We've been in Scotland for 250 years, and our significance has never been as important as it is today. You can find Princes House in West Campbell Street, a short walk from both Central and Queen Street Stations, and not far from Sauchiehall Street and Argyll Street, two of the city's main shopping hubs. We're committed to giving everyone the opportunity to thrive at Barclays, investing in our people, communities, and facilities - highlighted by our new state-of-the-art campus opening soon in the city centre.