Temporary Credit Controller
Your new company
You will be working for an international market leading luxury retailer of beauty and cosmetic products. This company has recently gone through a detailed restructuring process and relocated the Credit Control and Customer Services functions to their office space in Harlow. This business is still trading successfully where others in the retail space have struggled and this is through excellent strategic decisions giving reassurance of job stability for the foreseeable future. Hays are now looking for a proactive and experienced Credit Controller to join this flourishing organisation, initially on a temporary basis.
Your new role
The main purpose of the role will be to take ownership of a full portfolio of accounts and manage the end to end AR process. Specifically you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring customers are contacted promptly by telephone, fax, email or letter to chase payment of overdue accounts and resolve any outstanding credit or debit claims.
- Having individual responsibility for high profile debit note accounts.
- Producing account reconciliations to monitor and identify any deviations from customers agreed Credit Terms and also ensure prompt resolution of all debit & credit claims. Occasionally meetings are required with customers.
- Processing all debit/credit claims and queries in a timely manner and within authorised sanction limits. Collating, processing and then inputting customer Debit Notes to the Debit Note database. Checking the returns database and processing associated credit notes.
- Raise the Returns credit authorisations weekly.
- Reviewing held order list 3 times daily i.e. by 9.30a.m., 12.30 p.m. and again by 5.30 p.m. Express delivery orders being held require that a call is immediately made to the customer and all other accounts are to be contacted within 3 days.
- Reviewing the daily payments received against the Held Order list and release orders where the overdue payment has been made.
- Ensure all standard office Clerical duties are to be performed in a timely manner and, as we are a customer facing team, we also deal with many incoming telephone calls/queries from customers and other departments.
- Covering absences of staff from the office, in particular the Credit Administrator position.
This is a full time role working 37.5 hours between Monday to Friday and typically working 9-5.30 but some flexibility may be possible. Initially this role will be working from home but long term this will be an office based role so you must be comfortable travelling to Harlow on a daily basis.
What you'll need to succeed
- Be available immediately or on short notice
- Be comfortable working on site in a Covid secure environment
- Have significant experience in a similar rounded Credit Control capacity and be accustomed to managing the end to end AR process
- Have experience working within a hard product based business, ideally retail
- Strong Excel skills
- Can do attitude - Currently systems are being implemented but the initial period will require using various antiquated systems and you must be comfortable problem solving
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ideally you will be studying or will have studied a CICM qualification but this is not essential.
What you'll get in return
You will receive competitive weekly pay, free onsite parking and access to all staff discounts from day 1. There is a strong possibility this role could become permanent for the right candidate in which case a range of other benefits will be available.
A company laptop will also be provided from day 1.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Temporary Credit Controller
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly