ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Update and maintain current employee record payroll information in HRMS/Payroll database as needed.
- Check timesheets for completeness and accuracy and coordinate corrections with managers.
- Audit timecards and import and balance hours from Time System.
- Review and process pays adhering to state regulations and company policies.
- Calculate overtime, pay rate differential and other applicable special pay calculations.
- Place stop payments and direct deposit reversals as needed.
- Prepare and balance pay data and manual adjustment batches.
- Complete pay transactions: Leave of absence, transfers, job status changes and terminations.
- Calculate and process manual checks as needed.
- Validate payroll preview data using various reports and Excel templates and complete corrections prior to transmission.
- Meet payroll transmission deadlines.
- Research discrepancies effectively, make appropriate corrections, and respond promptly to manager and employee inquiries.
- Maintain effective working relationships with other departments.
- Provide support to Human Resources, operations and department leaders with payroll processes.
- Assist with handling Payroll Questions Email Inbox.
- Calculate retroactive pay adjustments.
- Complete and process garnishments from distribution to setup.
- Review payroll salary allocation changes for accuracy and assign as needed.
- Provide paycheck calculation guidance to employees when needed.
- Assist managers and employees with time card procedure inquiries and training.
- Calculate paid time off accrual adjustments.
- Develop and distribute custom payroll reports.
- Assist in training Payroll Practitioner I staff.
- Assist with special projects, participate in meetings, and complete other duties as assigned by management.
They offer career advancement opportunities & benefits including medical / dental / vision coverage, paid time off, paid holidays, a pre-tax matching 401k plan, a pre-tax flexible spending plan, education reimbursement, free life insurance, hands-on training, inter-company transfer opportunities, and a host of other perks!