Manager, Insurance and Risk Management
Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing techniques, we make products that meet quality, efficiency and delivery objectives to achieve customer success and shareholder value.
Arconic is currently in search of a Manager, Insurance and Risk Management to join our Treasury Department in Pittsburgh, PA.
Under the oversight of the VP, Treasury, the Manager, Insurance and Risk Management administers and maintains the organization's global insurance programs (including workman's compensation). This includes understanding the Company's financial performance and assembly of necessary documents to support renewals; compiling insurance application details; processing claims for global policies; coordinating the management of the Company's workers compensation claims; tracking insurance certificates for all entities; coordinating insurance meetings; coordinating with our global broker the assembly and distribution of our global policy binder, etc.
This position requires a high degree of sensitivity and discretion in dealing with confidential matters, excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, a proactive, self-motivated, customer-focused mindset, a project ownership mentality, and strong collaboration and communications skills.
- Requests and collects relevant information from across the global enterprise that supports the underwriting process for procurement and maintenance of all insurance programs.
- Compiles and validates global risk exposure data including sales, payrolls, property values, business interruption, headcount, vehicles, etc.
- Secures broker binders that validate coverage. Catalogs and maintains the policies of insurance and maintains the electronic system for policy storage. Reviews all policies and endorsements to confirm contract certainty.
- Manages claims system-wide including coordination with risk engineers, third party administrators, and legal.
- Sustains good customer service by providing guidance and assistance on insurance coverage to all global businesses.
- Oversees workers' compensation filings, historical tracking, coordination of claims, and assessments.
- Works with internal departments to ensure risk costs are properly allocated.
- Prepare various claims reports, data mining, and root cause analysis.
- Manages special projects as identified and assigned by the Treasury department.
Major Activities/Key Challenges
- The candidate must be able to handle sensitive and confidential issues. He/she must demonstrate diplomacy and professionalism in a high-pressure environment and the ability to engage colleagues to obtain timely and optimal outcomes. Proactive thinking, excellent planning and organizational skills are mandatory.
- The candidate must have the ability to work seamlessly with cross functional teams in order to share information and achieve common goals.
- The candidate must possess high integrity and exceptional quality of work and work standards. Excellent communication skills, customer focus and the ability to foster strong, collaborative relationships are critical.
- High volume and fast paced workload, with multiple issues and tasks occurring simultaneously. The candidate must be capable of working to meet deadlines with exceptional prioritization, strong analytical ability and problem-solving skills. The candidate must be able to handle multiple tasks, be cognizant of internal and external customer priorities, be receptive to frequent prioritization changes
Qualifications - External
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Insurance, Finance, Accounting or Management from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in Risk or Financial Analysis.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Knowledge of Property, Workers Compensation, Excess, Fiduciary, Crime, Casualty, D&O programs.
- High level of technical proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.