Internal Audit Manager
Harsco Corporation is one of the world's leading diversified industrial services companies. Headquartered in Camp Hill, Pennsylvania, the business operates from key locations in Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Indianapolis and Charlotte, also internationally in over 30 countries.
The group is currently transforming its business proposition in the field of Environmental Solutions and is ranked 16th for corporate governance and 12th for professional services categories in Newsweek's 2021 list of America's Most Responsible Companies.
The business offers candidates the opportunity to progress and develop through the business divisions, with Internal Audit receiving broad exposure to our diverse businesses and the opportunity to interact with many levels of management. Internal Audit has a proven track record of being a source of financial talent and providing its team members opportunities for development within and beyond the department.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Enhancing and leading a robust annual risk-assessment process that will drive the audit plan
- Acting as an integral part of key operational meetings to drive improvements and risk consciousness
- Execute financial and operational audits at worldwide locations consistent with Harsco's audit approach
- Lead, coach and mentor a team of audit professionals to execute internal audits and projects, ensuring proper training, consistent execution and audit skill development
- Take responsibility for special procedures assignments, such as compliance investigations
- Participate as an integral member of the Audit Leadership Team, including providing strategic direction, thought leadership in process reengineering adding value to internal customers
- Lead the rotational auditor program and co-sources required for the delivery of the Internal Audit Plan
- Provide inputs on departmental budget preparation and monitoring
- Working with the Director IA in preparation of Audit Committee materials
- Ensure assigned audits are completed in time and in compliance with department policies and procedures, applicable regulatory and legal requirements, and ensuring high professional standards are maintained
- Drive and enhance the department's Quality Program
- Ensure continuous improvement of audit methodology and practices
- Perform on-going risk assessments, executing audits, assigning audit ratings, validating issue closures, and evaluating team performance
- Strong and regular interaction with senior business leaders providing functional leadership and direction to the Finance and Operations teams
- Identify risk themes and trends, and lead business discussions to generate business driven action plans to address concerns and mitigate risk
- Provide inputs and support to develop a long-range global audit strategy that is risk-based and aligned with global business strategies and supporting major business initiatives
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Five plus years of experience in internal auditing, public accounting or financial accounting and analysis
- Experience of successfully working in international environment
- Operational knowledge and the ability to think from an operational viewpoint
- Previous senior supervisory experience including track record of managing audits, audit teams and specific projects
- Experience auditing in global manufacturing or service environments
- Strong knowledge and experience of US GAAP, Sarbanes-Oxley, COSO Internal Controls Framework and Risk Management.
- CISA qualified or equivalent
- Qualified Chartered Accountant / Certified Public Accountant
- "Big 4" public accounting background
- Experience in line managing junior members of a team, providing coaching and feedback and conducting performance evaluations
"We offer competitive benefits, including health insurance, life insurance and disability plans, as well as a 401k with company matching.
Harsco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position."