Key Areas of Accountability:
- Prepare and submit a detailed Financial Plan/Update package, LBE, and other financial reports required by the Region/Area HQ.
- Ensure that business and financial risks were considered during the planning and update. Ensure profitability of contracts and maintain close coordination with Country Manager and Sales Executive Manager and provide suggestions on how to improve the profitability of the business.
- Monitor & control capital expenditures and SSG&A ensuring expenses will be incurred within the approved Plan/Update/LBE level.
- Act as direct contact with the company's external and internal auditors on all financial matters including policies and procedures and coordinate all matters with the host division.
- Maintain internal control systems to ensure that financial policies/procedures (both local and international) are adhered to.
- Maintain close coordination with CFS (Corporate Finance Services) to ensure timely collection and achievement of DSO. Also handles review of expenses posted by CFS, conducts monthly/quarterly review of balance sheet accounts, and ensures reasonableness of all accruals.
- Prepares incentive program and calculates quarterly/annual payout for sales, TSS, and TAS team with reference to Global Incentive Program of Diagnostics Division.
- Prioritize compliance to the QSR through ongoing support and communication of the Quality Policy. This will be accomplished through leading by example on a daily basis, establishing clear measurable goals for subordinates, and ensuring prompt corrective action for any noncompliance issues raised by subordinates.
- Review financial policies and procedures and identify needs for improvement. Implement new systems and controls to support the growing needs of the business and ensure that any changes are communicated for effective implementation. Ensure compliance with the guidelines set by the OEC. Manage timely importation of goods, storage, and distribution to ensure quality and customer satisfaction, while conscious of ROI and DOH objectives. Ensure compliance with FCPA and conflict of interest policies.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years experience in accounting and/or financial management, planning, reporting and control
- Fluent in financial and business communications and can effectively express self and ideas.
- Transparent - We know the truth when we see it. We speak the truth and can be trusted to say what we mean and mean what we say. Even when difficult, we say it like it is.
- Build Organization and Inspire People - Attract and grow people to maximize the collective skills of the organization. Inspire and motivate them to achieve the organization's strategic intent, vision, and goals. Create and sustain the organization and structure needed to support our people and business strategies.
- Know the Business - Understand Abbott's customers' markets business operations and emerging issues. Base decisions on facts experience and logical assumption taking into consideration opportunity for gain resources constraints risk/reward and organizational values.
- Drive Results - Establish high goals for organization success and personal accomplishment. Lead to meet or exceed those goals. Create a nimble organization that executes well and makes speed in achieving high-quality results with a competitive advantage for Abbott.
- Make Difficult Decision - Make timely decisions in the face of obstacles difficulties and challenges. Act decisively demonstrating confidence and the strength of one's convictions. Commit the organization's resources to achieve the company's strategies taking calculated well-thought-out risks when necessary.
- Inclusive - We maintain an open and inclusive operating environment which is essential for encouraging healthy debates about issues throughout Abbott's organization.
- We seek different approaches, perspectives, and thinking to ensure the best outcomes, for the company and the individual. We are committed to a balanced approach to diversity, recognizing how this differs across our many geographic countries and cultures.
Undergraduate Accounting Degree. Preferably a Certified Public Accountant.
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.
- JOB ID:
Malaysia - Selangor - Petaling Jaya
- MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE
- SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Our business encompasses many different functions and capabilities, which allows you to explore careers in various fields.
Growth Planning and Performance Excellence is an annual process through which you'll be able to have open career discussions with your manager to help you determine your own career path and future.
TRAINING & NETWORKS
We provide a wide range of classroom and e-learning courses to help you develop new skills and enhance your career.
WE'RE RECOGNIZED AROUND THE WORLD
DOW JONES SUSTAINABILITY INDEX
BEST CORPORATE CITIZENS
FORTUNE'S MOST ADMIRED COMPANIES
JOIN OUR TALENT COMMUNITY
We will notify you about relevant positions, and keep you in mind whenever we have interesting opportunities.
Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce including Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
Unless otherwise specified, all product and service names appearing in this Internet site are trademarks owned by or licensed to Abbott, its subsidiaries or affiliates. No use of any Abbott trademark, trade name, or trade dress in this site may be made without the prior written authorization of Abbott, except to identify the product or services of the company.