Real Assets Investment Risk Analyst - CRO - London
Based in our Head office in the City of London you will be a member of the Aviva Investors (AI) second line investment & credit risk team within the Chief Risk Officer's function. You will provide support to the Credit & Real Assets Investment Risk Team in developing, implementing and managing the AI Credit & Investment Risk Framework, Policies, Risk Appetite Statements and Key Risk Indicators in conjunction with AI's strategic and business objectives.
The main risks covered by the Credit & Real Assets Investment Risk Team are arising from and/or associated with
• AI's Real Assets business covering illiquid investments within real estate debt and equity, infrastructure debt and equity, private corporate debt/leveraged finance and structured credit;
• Counterparty exposures from liquidity investments as well as derivatives and securities finance transactions.
• Support Real Assets Risk Managers in their day-to-day oversight responsibilities.
• Prepare investment risk packs for the purposes of the Real Assets portfolio risk meetings.
• Assist in the preparation of regular monthly and quarterly reports.
• Collaborate with the origination and fund management teams as well as the 1st lines of credit teams to efficiently achieve all of the above.
• Ensure adherence to AI's Credit Risk Management Frameworks / Appetite Statements / Policies / Standards as well as the relevant Aviva Group provisions.
• Ensure diligent monitoring and reporting of Counterparty exposures from liquidity, derivatives and securities finance transactions as well as key credit risk indicators, with appropriate and timely escalation as required.
• Participate in ad-hoc tasks and projects that require quick problem-solving solutions.
• Participate in projects across the wider investment risk team.
Key Performance Indicators
• Satisfactory outcomes of reviews of effectiveness of the 2nd line Credit & Real Assets Investment Risk Team.
• Timeliness and appropriateness of investment & credit risk issues identified, escalated and managed.
• Timeliness and efficiency of investment & credit risk packs and reports.
• Satisfactory collaboration with people across various business lines and functions.
• Feedback from Risk Managers and key stakeholders.
Experience gained in another asset manager, bank or another financial institution in at least one of the following asset classes is a must:
- Excellent knowledge of excel, including VBA and macros is essential
- Experience gained in another asset manager, bank or another financial institution in at least one of the following asset classes is a must:
ii) Infrastructure Equity
iii) Real Estate Debt
iv) Real Estate Equity
v) Structured Credit
- Good knowledge of other MS Office applications such as Word and PowerPoint.
- Additional coding skills (e.g. Python, R) and can apply logical thinking in resolving complex tasks or improving existing processes.
- Educated to Degree level
• Professional qualifications in Accounting / Banking / Finance / Business such as ACA/ACCA, IMC, CFA
• Strong financial modelling skills.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Flexibility, versatility and adaptability
Working at Aviva Investors
Aviva Investors is a global asset manager with broad and deep expertise across all major asset classes. As part of the Aviva Group - the UK's largest insurance company - we are uniquely positioned to combine our insurance heritage with our investment capabilities to deliver the outcomes that matter most to today's investor.
More than 1,500 people work across the globe, bringing it all together for today's investor. When everyone feels part of a unified team, in an environment of fairness, inclusion and positivity, we all achieve more. We care deeply about this, which is why we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
At Aviva, we're people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow. We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of how we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take responsibility, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We're all about our people - that's you - so we can be pretty flexible. In fact, we don't advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area's needs vary. So, it's up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job . Just send us an email once you've applied stating that you have a disclosed disability, and we'll make sure we interview you.
You will be assessed against the Aviva values: care more, kill complexity, never rest and create legacy.
We'd love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please send an email to GlobalRecruitment@avivainvestors.com
* As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By 'minimum criteria' we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.