Investment Operations Credit Risk Data Specialist (FTC)
This team works with a wide range of investment-related stakeholders both internally and externally to Aviva and seeks to be a centre of operational excellence within our AFO (Aviva Finance Operations).
Our Investment Reporting team has responsibility for the sourcing, validation and reporting of accurate investment asset data to cover the wide range of assets held by Aviva markets. Key downstream uses include actuarial asset stressing, regulatory and statutory reporting, credit risk reporting and internal investment management and ALM. These processes rely on high quality accurate data to avoid potential financial losses, regulatory breaches and reputational issues in the marketplace.
The main purpose of this role-holder is to be responsible for monitoring and reporting the credit risk exposures within Aviva. This includes using investment industry experience and knowledge to analyse and challenge these credit risk exposures and then working with internal and external investment specialists to consider the implications for the markets.
Aviva uses "smart working" in 2021, and this role holder can be based anywhere in the UK, as long as they are comfortable with regular travel to our York offices.
The role's duties &
- Reviewing credit risk exposures to understand & challenge the data as appropriate
- Supporting internal credit risk teams to understand their exposures and ad-hoc credit risk queries
- Working closely with the wider Investment Reporting team to ensure potential issues are communicated and understood
- Delivering our team's objectives to be consistent with the principles of Treating Customers Fairly
- Supporting daily and monthly processes within Investment Operations and provide SME support as required
Skills & experiences required:
- IOC (Investment Operations Certificate) or equivalent investment qualification is necessary
- Experience working in a Credit Risk team within a large financial institution
- Ability to work with large and complex datasets
- A track record of excellent communication skills with both internal & external business partners
What will you get for this role?
- A salary up to £45,000 depending on location, skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through "My Aviva Extras" plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we're people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always 'Care More'. It's our thing. We're all about our people - that's you - so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we're very open to that. In fact, we don't advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it's up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Just send us an email once you've applied stating that you have a disclosed disability, and we'll make sure we interview you.
We'd love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Daniel Hopchet a call on 0121 234 7625 or send an email to Daniel.Hopchet@Aviva.com .
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By 'minimum criteria' we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.