Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS youâ€™ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Did you know Worldpay process almost 50% of payments on the UK high street, on a typical day that's 36 million mobile, online and in-store transactions that s about 415 each and every second! Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
This role is part of our Reconciliations team, who play a crucial role in reconciling all of FIS domestic and international bank accounts that s nearly 700 accounts! As a member of the team youâ€™ll be responsible for the reconciliation of merchant payments and card scheme settlements together with the reconciliation of Worldpay domestic and international bank accounts. As a Reconciliations Controller, your responsibility will be to reconcile and verify Worldpay accounts and statements, updating journals and investigating errors and rejected payments within our SLAâ€™s. You will undertake exception processes including investigations work and submission of MI information.This role requires a high level of stakeholder interaction so you will have excellent communication skills with the confident to communicate at all levels.
What you will be doing
As Reconciliations Controller you will complete account and journal postings including substantiation of profit and loss entries. Investigation is a large part of the role you will take responsibility for identify and reporting breaks and rejected payments. As your experience develops you will be expected to increasingly contribute towards identifying and implementing process efficiencies and improvements. Operating flexibly, you will contribute to wider daily/weekly/monthly/annual team objectives and deadlines.
- Reconciliation/ Verify WorldPay accounts/ statements in accordance with Reconciliation policy.
- Accurate completion of account and journal entries
- Investigation and reporting of erroneous entries and rejected payments/ transactions.
- Acquire specialist knowledge to provide accurate advice and information to both internal and external sources in a timely and professional manner, taking full ownership through to resolution.
- Prioritising workload effectively to ensure all SLAâ€™s are adhered to and team objectives are met
- Continually look for ways of improving processes, providing potential solutions and following through to implementation to deliver efficiencies
What you bring:
- High level of analytical skills
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel
- A passion for attention to detail and getting it right first time
- Able to prioritise and deliver to deadlines
- Able to manage multiple queries at one time
- Ability to look beyond the numbers to identify issues, anomalies and understand root cause
- Adaptable to changing priorities and requests
Added bonus if you have:
- Experience of payment/banking systems
- Payments, acquiring or finance industry experience
What we offer you
- A competitive salary
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
- Varied and challenging work to help you grow your skillset
Since our two companies came together, Worldpay has formed the Merchant Solutions division of FIS. We call it â€ Worldpay, from FISâ€ . In the time youâ€™ve taken to read this one sentence, our platforms have processed over 8,000 transactions and this number grows daily. Join us now to realise your own future growth and success.Privacy StatementFIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.