We are delighted to be working with our client who due to continued growth, are looking to add an experienced qualified financial accountant to their team. The successful candidate should have at least 3-5 years recent experience in an accountancy practice with strong technical knowledge in addition to good communication and interpersonal skills.
- This is a hands on and involved role, working directly with the Managing partner to manage and develop a portfolio of key accounts and clients.
- The role will manage a portfolio of clients, including a number of SME business, which require regular quarterly testing of their accounting systems.
- The role is varied, which will aid development of experience in a number of areas including financial reporting, management accounts, business forecasts, VAT and corporation tax.
- You will be liaising closely with clients to organise the required fieldwork and you should be able to communicate effectively with clients.
- You will be liaising with H.M.R.C and other party organisations.
- Managing a portfolio of small owner-managed businesses ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Training and developing junior staff members.
- Establishing new and existing relationships with clients.
- Reviewing financial statements prepared by staff.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts including monthly management meetings with many clients.
- Manage and oversee the VAT returns for clients.
- Assisting and advising clients on a wide range of matters such as year-end accounts, self-assessment, VAT, management accounts etc.
- Looking at ways to improve efficiency and processes by utilising new technology.
- Meeting with clients to discuss accounts/tax matters.
- Building and developing relationships with other professionals such as banks, solicitors etc through networking.
- Using a wide range of different accounting packages to assist clients such as CCH, Sage, Xero, etc.
- Performing quality reviews on work done by other team members.
- Reviewing tax computations for sole traders, companies and partnerships.
- Updating client's computer records for accounting year adjustments.
- Preparation of accounts and working papers.
- Researching and developing an opinion on technical points as required.
- Preparation of statutory accounts and corporate tax returns.
- Ensuring that client's compliance is maintained accurately.
- Our client uses CCH accounts and tax software Xero and QuickBooks. Some experience of these would be useful.
- ACA, ACCA, CAT.
- Prior Experience in an accounting role is essential, practice experience is highly desirable.
This is a great opportunity for the successful candidate to join the ranks of an already well established and growing accountancy practice. If you fit the above criteria and feel you would work well within a cohesive team, then please submit your C.V for consideration.