Assistant Fund Manager - Real Assets - London
We are currently looking for an Assistant Fund Manager to join our Global Real Assets team. You will spend most of your time supporting the Manager of one or more of our UK Balanced Real Estate funds. Under guidance and instruction from senior colleagues you will ensure that funds operate within agreed operating parameters, be part of the team that determines and implements fund strategy and take a supporting role in marketing activity with both existing and potential clients. You will also oversee the teams responsible for the asset management of the portfolios, including the undertaking of rent reviews, lease renewals, developments and letting / re-letting activities and provide assistance as required in all aspects of the team's funds.
Spanning real estate, private debt and infrastructure, our real assets platform offers investors access to assets that offer diversification, increased security and the potential for higher returns via an illiquidity premium. Our real assets capability encompasses global real estate and alternative income investments made around the world. These are physical assets that we buy or provide financing for on behalf of our clients. Transactions to buy or sell are done directly with the counterparty and the price negotiated privately.
- Analysing market conditions and understanding the investment environment to start to develop informed investment opinions.
- Undertaking Real Estate fund management within the terms of the fund management agreements to achieve superior returns and other identified client outcomes.
- Working collaboratively with colleagues across Aviva Investors to implement innovative strategies to manage risk, optimize profits and enhance performance.
- Building relationships to keep up to date with industry trends and investment insight.
- Identifying and implementing value enhancement opportunities, including developments.
- Maximising rental income and optimising lease terms achieved on lease renewals, lettings and re-lettings.
- Providing constructive input into creating and updating Fund Strategy Plans.
- Identifying and implementing sales in accordance with stated fund strategy and business plans.
Key Performance Indicators
- Fund performance measured through investment returns, acquisitions, disposals and value enhancement initiatives.
- Rent review settlements that meet or exceed expectation and valuation.
- Performance enhancing lease renewals, letting and re-letting agreements secured.
- Investment purchases and disposals completed efficiently, with no material issues overlooked.
- All reports provided accurately and within agreed timescales.
- Effective identification and management of investment risks.
- Positive feedback on service and funds' performance from internal and external customers.
- Development of good relations with colleagues - within AI Real Estate, Real Assets, Aviva Investors and the wider Aviva Group
- All service levels, including issue resolution, met or exceeded.
- All risk, compliance and legal standards met.
- Relevant experience in an asset management, analyst, research or other appropriate role, ideally in the Real Estate specialism.
- Knowledge of the property investment market.
- Experienced in successfully negotiating rent reviews, lease renewals, lettings and re-lettings.
- A track record of identifying and delivering value enhancement opportunities.
- Familiarity with dealing with external agents and consultants.
- Accuracy and attention to detail throughout, especially in producing written reports.
- Excellent appraisal and analytical skills.
- Results driven and able to work on multiple tasks with challenging deadlines.
- A great collaborator and team player.
- Regulatory threshold competent and approved, or ability to be approved.
- Degree or be able to demonstrate an equivalent level of intellectual rigour and maturity.
- IMC or equivalent; or recognized historical knowledge, experience and/or qualification.
- CFA, equivalent qualification or acknowledged equivalent skills and knowledge.
In this role you'll be 'Certified' under the Financial Conduct Authority / Prudential Regulation Authority's Senior Managers and Certification Regime (SMCR). This means that we'll need to complete some regulatory background checks on you before you take up your role and we'll need to ask you some questions on an annual basis to make sure you remain 'fit and proper' and competent to carry out your role. We'll provide training on what holding a SMCR role means when you join us and annually thereafter.
Working at Aviva Investors
Aviva Investors is a global asset manager with broad and deep expertise across all major asset classes. As part of the Aviva Group - the UK's largest insurance company - we are uniquely positioned to combine our insurance heritage with our investment capabilities to deliver the outcomes that matter most to today's investor.
More than 1,500 people work across the globe, bringing it all together for today's investor. When everyone feels part of a unified team, in an environment of fairness, inclusion and positivity, we all achieve more. We care deeply about this, which is why we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
At Aviva, we're people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow. We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of how we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take responsibility, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We're all about our people - that's you - so we can be pretty flexible. In fact, we don't advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area's needs vary. So, it's up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Just send us an email once you've applied stating that you have a disclosed disability, and we'll make sure we interview you.
You will be assessed against the Aviva values: care more, kill complexity, never rest and create legacy.
We'd love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please send an email to GlobalRecruitment@avivainvestors.com
* As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By 'minimum criteria' we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.