Associate Director - Private Client Tax Advisory
Our client, an international, award winning Accounting + Business Advisory firm are looking for a Private Client Tax Associate Director to join their team in the North-East - ideally in Durham. This newly-created position is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Tax professional to shape the role, develop this business capability and fast-track their career.
Please note this client does not offer sponsorship for overseas candidates.
Our client is an award-winning leading firm of Accountants and Business Advisors operating across the UK, Nordics and the USA. They have over 6,500 employees and work across 100 offices in the UK alone. They have seen dramatic growth and success in recent years and they were recently awarded Accountancy Firm of the Year in the FD Excellence Survey 2020.
They are renowned for their excellent culture, work/life balance and training and development opportunities.
As a Tax Associate Director working across the North East region, and alongside an existing Associate Director that focuses on Corporate Tax, the focus of your role will be on delivering tax advisory projects for a range of clients, including owner managed businesses and their shareholder's private affairs.
Due to the nature of the North East client base projects will inevitably be undertaken across both the private client and corporate spectrum.
While the firm has an existing client base, business development would be a key part of your position.
There are currently 6 team members across compliance and advisory and you would be expected to lead and develop the more junior members of staff.
As this is a newly-created position, you will have the autonomy to shape your position and develop this business area further in the future. It is not limited to a particular tax specialism and would allow the individual opportunities to be involved in several different planning areas.
Progression and development would be encouraged and supported by the wider team and you would have a direct input into strategic growth plans.
This position would suit an ambitious Senior Manager looking to take the next step in their career, or an existing Associate Director that is keen to join a modern accountancy firm.
- Relevant professional qualifications such as CTA, ACA or ACCA
- Private Client Tax experience - delivering advisory projects but with experience in private client taxation, specifically looking at Inheritance Tax, Capital Gains Tax and trust taxation.
- A collaborative outlook with a process mindset
- Adept at dealing with clients directly around complex tax matters
- Ability to nurture and mentor more junior staff and ensure their progression is a priority This position would suit an ambitious Senior Manager looking to take that next step in their career or an existing Associate Director that is looking to join a modern accountancy firm. This is a real growth opportunity and an exciting time to join the firm!
This position is ideally to be based in the Durham office, but our client would consider a candidate who wanted to be based in one of the other NE offices and commute occasionally to Durham for meetings. They are happy for some home working to continue once things return to some normality.
This is an exciting new opportunity for an ambitious professional who is keen to be a figurehead within a leading firms NE team and to fast-track their career to Partner.
You will be working with a great team of like-minded colleagues all focused on supporting each other to perform at their best. You will be part of a growing department that offers lots of opportunity for development and progression.
Our client prioritises the relationship it has with employees and attracting and retaining the right people is key to both their (and your!) success.
They offer training and development opportunities to all employees in order to bring out the best in their people. You will be mentored by the senior management team to provide soft skills development such as more effective client management and also steps towards staff management.
- Excellent annual leave + bank holidays
- Life Assurance - 4 x times salary
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Employee Benefits Portal
- Extensive Learning & Development Opportunities - Continuous development and support not only for your professional qualifications but also for your personal goals and aspirations
- Opportunity to attend social events
- Career Coaching