Accounts Assistant Study Support
I am very pleased to be working with a long-standing client in Thirsk who are looking for a motivated individual to join the Finance team on a full time, permanent basis.
This role would be perfect for someone currently working in an accounts environment, looking to build on their experience and gain exposure to more areas of Finance including Payroll, reporting, management accounts etc. with a friendly and supportive team.
Ideally You will be attentive to detail and competent in Microsoft Excel, with solid general ledger and reporting experience.
A major aspect of the job role is the weekly and monthly payrolls, these duties will include:
- Weekly & monthly payroll
- Importing and data entry from timesheets
- End to end processing of payroll
- Payments to Bank
- Sending information to HMRC
- Departmental Analysis reports
- Setting up new employees and leavers in Opera & Realtime
- Average holiday pay
- Issuing of P45's, payslips and any other documentation via post or hand
- Dealing with any payroll queries
- Sending FPS / EPS submissions to HMRC on time
The key financial aspects of the role will be:
- Assisting the FC with month end reporting
- Weekly sales reporting
- Monthly Intrastat declarations
- Assisting with payables/receivables queries
- Quarterly VAT returns
- Any ad hoc reporting required
- Various admin jobs required such as scanning invoices
- Assisting with internal and external audits
If there are some areas you are not confident in/have no experience of it is still worth applying, as we are really keen on finding the right individual to grow with the team.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a successful business close to Thirsk.
Reference ID: 18853
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
£18,000.00-£22,000.00 per year