Senior Payroll Assistant
Senior Payroll Assistant
Industry: Financial Planning
up to £25,000
Job reference: 15142
Recruit UK are working on an excellent opportunity for a Senior Payroll Assistant to join an a Accountancy practice in Devon and Somerset.
My client is looking for an experienced Payroll Administrator to join their practice. This is a permanent opportunity to be part of their award winning team!
I'm looking to speak with individuals that have experience with high-volume payroll, you must be proactive, have excellent attention to detail and of course be a team player. This opportunity will be a predominantly office based role eventually however, for the next few months you will work remotely. They have offices across Devon and Somerset and you will be able to work from whichever one is closest to you home!
Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Process client payroll.
- Communicate with clients regarding questions/legislative changes.
- Review and verify source documents.
- Collect, compile, and enter payroll data.
- Calculate and post payroll deductions.
- Issue statements of earnings and deductions.
- Reconcile employee deductions.
- Process new employees.
- Update payroll records by recording changes.
- Prepare and print payroll reports.
- Complete requests for pay-related documents including statements and verifications.
- Produce HMRC payments.
- Manage and maintain payroll records.
- Ensure compliance.
- Salary up to £25,000
- Flexible hours and part time available
- Pension/DIS/Holiday/Health Scheme
- Commission should you make introductions
- Currently remote working
Skills and experience required:
- Educated to A-Level/CIPP or equivalent
- Experience of payroll processing
- Understand accounting principles
- Knowledge of HRMC/regulations/requirements
- Understand internal controls
- Team Player
- Excellent time management
- Experience with Brightpay advantageous
About Recruit UK:
As specialists in financial services recruitment, we bring unique expertise, insight and connections, whether you are looking for a new job or are trying to fill a role. We have a reach of more than 100,000 financial services connections. Right now, Recruit UK are pleased to be working with an award winning accountancy firm based in Devon and Somerset on a Senior Payroll Assistant role.
Our commitment to you:
Start every journey with a conversation to find out about you in-depth.
Provide honest feedback on where you fit in the jobs market.
Use our network across the financial world to match you to your perfect position. Or if we think you already have it, we'll tell you.
Take a holistic mindfulness approach - career happiness is rarely just about the money.
Cover the whole of the UK with a local touch through our regional teams.
Never pester you.
Please note that due to the volume of applications we receive, you will be contacted within 7 working days if your application has been successful. If you have not received communication during this period, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. We may however retain your information in connection with future opportunities, should they be suitable to your skills and experience.