Broadgate Search are working exclusively with a global insurance broker to recruit a Risk Officer for their growing team. The ideal candidate will have experience working as a Risk Officer, Risk Analyst, Risk Specialist or similar position, working for an Insurance Broker or General Insurer.
***Applicants without the above experience will not be considered.***
To develop and manage a risk management programme across all group companies, ensuring the group have an efficient and operational governance, risk and compliance framework.
- Identifying and analysing any risks in the Group's operations, claims, and the controls
- Developing a risk management programme, to ensure that projects, monitoring activities and relevant stakeholders focus on key risks and controls.
- Leading in the development and execution of risk assessments, setting & monitoring risk appetites, risk solutions and leading the full risk lifecycle (planning, assessing, monitoring activities, reporting and follow up) for all business functions.
- Collaborating across different business functions to provide for an integrated and coordinated approach to risk assessment and controls.
- Contributing to the overall effectiveness and value of the Compliance and Risk function by recommending and developing innovative approaches and solutions
- Lead on the development of and manage the risk management framework across all business functions.
- Ensure risks are identified, analysed, recorded and mitigated.
- Develop and maintain effective business continuity and disaster recovery plans, liaising with relevant business functions; ensuring they are tested regularly, and resultant actions are completed.
- Develop and main the Group's Risk Registers
- Design and implement MI and reporting to monitor risks and performance against risk appetite.
- Be a key point of contact for the business to support their strategies and be an active member of key meetings and forums where risk is part of the communication and delivery for the business.
- Lead on the implementation of the Issues/Risks Database for control/risk issue resolution.
- Monitor and report on issue management to ensure control improvement plans are delivered on time.
- Collaborate and provide direction on the risk programme for outsourced activities, suppliers, and sub-brokers ensuring appropriate due diligence is in place.
Experience & Knowledge
- Significant risk experience, preferably within the insurance industry.
- The ability to support and influence colleagues in relation to their risk responsibilities.
- Experience is risk assessments, identifying and quantifying risks, testing risk controls.
- Tenacity to investigate areas of concern across all business functions.
- Strong reporting skills.
- Good at cultivating relationships with stakeholders and within the Granite group, building trust that facilitates an open mindset and free exchange of information.
- Function independently, on own initiative taking ownership and ensuring implementation of risk projects and policies.
- Excellent presentation and communication (oral and written), and project management skills.
- Ability to adapt communication style to tailor approach to suit varied stakeholder needs