Traded Market Risk Analyst
You'll be part of the Market and Structural Risk team - a dynamic and leading-edge function supporting and adding value to the business.
If you're someone who's performed a similar role already, this is the perfect opportunity to develop your career.
What you'll be doing
- Producing P&L reports and distributing them to the desk and group (Cristine II) in accordance with internal deadlines
- Ensuring completeness and accuracy of content on P&L reports
- Providing complete and meaningful commentary on Greeks
- Ensuring regulatory or other exceptions are escalated at the earliest possible opportunity (using a pre-emptive approach to reporting)
- Developing a reasonable understanding of the different processes and tools used within the Market Risk team
- Ensuring integrity and accuracy of data sent to Santander Group
What we're looking for
- Market risk experienced preferably in a fixed income product role
- Degree and/or masters (or equivalent experience) in a mathematical or financial subject
- Strong data MI experience such as VBA, SQL & Python and MS Excel skills
- Excellent communication skills for effective interaction with clients, front office and operations colleagues
- Detail oriented, with the ability to appropriately prioritise tasks and issues in a time pressured environment
What else you need to know
Given the recent impact of the Coronavirus outbreak we will be conducting all interviews via telephone or video-conference where possible.
How we'll reward you
As well as a competitive salary, you'll enjoy a benefits package that you can tailor to your needs.
- Eligible for a discretionary performance-related annual bonus
- Pension with generous contributions of up to 12.5% from Santander, depending on your own contribution and length of employment with us
- 27 days' holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- Company funded individual private medical insurance
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as, dental insurance, healthcare cash plan and health assessments
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as death-in-service benefit, income protection, and voluntary life assurance and critical illness cover
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
- Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
For more information about our wide range of benefits and family friend policies visit our website.
At Santander, with only a small action or a simple idea, you can achieve great things. You can improve the daily life of more than 140 million people. You can collaborate with a friendly team of more than 200,000 employees.
It doesn't stop there. You'll also be part of a vibrant organisation that's been reinventing itself for more than 160 years. One that invests millions of pounds in training its people every year. One that helps more than 2 million people every year with social programmes.
We call it #TheSantanderEffect.
Santander are an equal opportunities employer. Our customers come from a wide range of backgrounds, and so do our people. We have an inclusive culture that aims to make all colleagues feel they belong and can succeed at Santander, and we particularly welcome applications from different underrepresented groups.
For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here.
What to do next
If this sounds like a role you're interested in, then please apply on the link below.
Due to high volume of applications we may need to close this role earlier than the advertised date, so recommend submitting an application as soon as possible.