Financial Analyst - Contracts & Pricing
6 month to possible hire
The main functions of this position are to gather and analyze financial information, and develop Excel-based pricing models to support the contracting process and ultimately assess the commercial viability of proposed fees for service. This position is responsible for analyzing and communicating financial information to key stakeholders, and will need to serves as a liaison across Finance, Sr. Leadership in the Acute Business Unit, Market Development, Field Operators, and Legal/Compliance. In coordination with business partners and users, this position is to ensure that critical strategic decisions are vetted and well thought out prior to taking action.
This role will be essential in helping Market Development explore new business opportunities, by developing rates (via Excel modeling) that would be submitted to hospitals as part of an RFP process. Additionally, this role will be responsible for maintenance of our existing book of business (~1,350 hospital contracts). As part of this maintenance, the individual should proactively identify at risk accounts (where we may be operating at a loss), or accounts that are inconsistent with the current pricing strategies set by Business Unit leadership.
Assists in the planning and implementing of Projects and Strategic initiatives of the Acute Business Unit/Operational stakeholders. May assist in the development of business unit analytics, department or operational procedures, reporting, financial analysis, communicating and/or strategic planning activities.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled
- Self motivate,
- verbal and written communication skills,
- attention to detail,
- customer service and interpersonal skills.
- This individual should be comfortable presenting and clearly explaining financial results across cross-functional teams.
- Individual should be comfortable questioning assumptions that don't make sense.
- Ability to work independently, manage one's time, and managing multiple requests/competing priorities while keeping relevant stakeholders informed appropriately.
- Ability to apply accounting and financial principles to work as needed to analyze business trends and project future revenues and expenses.
- Previous experience with computer applications, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Teams, and any other related financial software (i.e. financial reporting tools such as SAP Business Explorer).
Bachelor's degree in accounting or related financial discipline required. 2-4 years financial and/or accounting experience required, ideally with a demonstrated history of working cross-functionally or providing business partnering.