Construction AIA Billing Specialist
We are looking to add an exceptionally talented Construction AIA Billing Specialist to our Jost Builders Team. Candidates MUST have 3+ years of experience in a construction accounting environment and demonstrated knowledge of AIA billing. As the Billing Specialist, you will maintain billing and contract documentation for all company projects for the full duration of the project. An excellent candidate for this role has an eye for detail, strong math skills and is a reliable people person who thrives who thrives in a fast-paced dynamic environment. This is a great time to join our growing organization!
This position is responsible for the execution and implementation of construction project accounting processes for multiple projects. The Construction AIA Billing Specialist acts as an interface with Project Managers and management to ensure that all assigned project accountant activities such as client invoicing are completed on time. Must be willing to take on additional office responsibilities associated with a small business.
- College graduate with a two-year degree minimum, or comparable work experience
- MUST have experience with construction AIA style contract pay applications
- Knowledge of retainage required
- Confidentiality is a must and good judgement skills are critical
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office products, especially Excel and Word must be demonstrated
- Strong knowledge of QuickBooks must be demonstrated
- Processing and posting client billings daily. Billings include contract, AIA, unit price, time and material, service, and other construction billings
- Set-up all projects, reviewing contracts for billing specs/instruction/requirements
- Able to set-up and maintain accurate AIA billing for complex jobs
- Ensure that monthly pay applications prepared, reviewed and submitted on time
- Investigate and resolve any billing issues in a timely manner
- Prepare and execute required lien waivers to help ensure prompt payment
- Maintain information regarding change orders
- Prepare billing status reports
Flexible hours and benefits to be negotiated. Pay to be negotiated commensurate with experience.
Job Type Full-time
Pay $38K+ annually, insurance benefits available, paid time off.